So I picked up a fully stock 4180c recently that's got the original tag still on it and is 98% intact, except for the idle plugs being removed and aftermarket needle and seats. Best part is the numbers and date code fit for my car

My current 4180 on the car is running pretty good, aside from a couple small issues, so I want to take my time with this one cleaning and rebuilding it. I got some nice brushes and different sized needles to help clean small passages and orifices.

My first question is about the best cleaner to use. I bought an ultrasonic cleaner with heating element to to get the carb cleaned and break up the stuck on dirt. From reviews that I read, people would put their carbs in the ultrasonic with 1:1 white vinegar and water or a 2:1 water and simple green mix. They said that things cleaned up incredibly well. Not sure if that, in combination with the ultrasonic, is sufficient to remove everything or if a stronger solvent is needed.

For my last 4180 rebuild I used the Berryman Chemdip that you can get at the parts stores. I could put that in the ultrasonic, but soaking for a long time in that strips off the bronze plating. Is there a cleaner that you all have used that works well, but won't strip off the finish?

Next question is the dual stage power valve that came factory. Holley doesn't sell dual stage power valves anymore, and the kit comes with a single stage. Is this a big deal? Is there an aftermarket source for a dual stage PV? Just replace it with a single stage, but which one?