Close

Default Retrofitting cargo shades

Just by looking I know the 90-93 shade couldn't be retrofitted the the earlier body, but how about the 87-89 (?). Would the brackets work in my daughters 83 Capri without too much of a mess? I need to get one in there soon, softball equipment is too expensive to buy more than once (and we are on bat #4), I wold like the stuff to be somewhat hidden.

Kenny
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-02-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    Just by looking I know the 90-93 shade couldn't be retrofitted the the earlier body, but how about the 87-89 (?). Would the brackets work in my daughters 83 Capri without too much of a mess? I need to get one in there soon, softball equipment is too expensive to buy more than once (and we are on bat #4), I wold like the stuff to be somewhat hidden.

Kenny
    why not get the correct year

Between the 4 foxbodies I had at the same time, none of them were the same. 84, 85, 88, 91. Like Tonysilver said. Why not get the correct year?

Because I am having a heck of a time locating one! Her interior is red and so is the exterior. So the only red one I found (was from a 1983 Capri) was $200 + $40 shipping and that was a bit outside the curve for me. I guess I should put an ad in the wanted section. Maybe I am off but I figured $150 to my door was in the ballpark.

Kenny

The harder the part is to find, the more costly it usually will be. $250 does seem a bit to much though.
    The differences in the years are not only the mounts themselves but the width from side to side and the hooks at the rear.
    So if you buy a newer setup it will be to wide or to short.
    Last edited by dagenham; 03-05-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    Because I am having a heck of a time locating one! Her interior is red and so is the exterior. So the only red one I found (was from a 1983 Capri) was $200 + $40 shipping and that was a bit outside the curve for me. I guess I should put an ad in the wanted section. Maybe I am off but I figured $150 to my door was in the ballpark.

Kenny
    post a ad and I have a light blue one I can sell cheap

Bought a gray ones at the Columbus Swap meet last fall $60 Next swap meet is coming soon. Tint the windows and will keep car cooler and helps prevent fading of interior
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

OK, threw an ad up on the Wanted section... let's see what shakes out! Thanks for all the responses!