Close

Angry Eibach Pro-Damper Rear Shock Installation Pictures?

Anyone have pictures of a rear Eibach Pro-Damper shock installation? It won't fit with the supplied bump stop (no threads show on shock rod). Do I have to cut the bump stops included with the kit?
    Last edited by banzaibullitt; 03-01-2018 at 01:58 AM. Reason: additional details
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

FEP Senior Member

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  109.5 KBHere is a picture...

That's how I assembled it, but there are no threads past the bump stop to install the top bushings or the nut.
    Last edited by banzaibullitt; 03-01-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

I called Maximum Motorsports... I'll let you know how things go.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

Bump stops are on the shocks!
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

FEP Senior Member

Cool...I really like this kit. I am surprised it is not more widely used among 79-86 owners, as it is specific to our cars, with the shims for the front struts to fit 87-93. I also like the fact that it is black, like the oem shocks/struts. I run mine with "B" springs with poly isolators for a stock stance.

Thanks noac.
    I'm also installing a used set of Eibach pro kit springs that I bought a few years ago. So far it's settling nicely.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

FEP Senior Member

Can you review your experience with this kit? I just bought it for my 89 convertible, basically the same setup, the Pro Plus Kit (shocks and struts, sway bars and springs) and also bought the Bilstein quad shocks. How does your car ride? Is it too stiff or uncomfortable on rough roads?

thanks

Way better than the stock shocks, struts, and springs. The ride is a little firmer, but not too stiff or uncomfortable and the ride height is just right. Progressive rate springs are the way to go on a street car IMHO.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed