Close

Default Need help bad with headlight install

I feel like I'm either being stupid or I'm missing some sort of a part for the installation of my 4 headlights. I have the plastic headlight bezels, and nothing else. Theres nowhere to screw said bezels in, or mount etc. What am I missing or not seeing here?

Searched multiple places btw
    For reference of what I'm working with look at my profile pic
    Tia

Default found parts pic of 4eye headlight assy

After looking at the profile pics, looks like all four 'bucket' assys are missing.
    Four headlights= four bucket assys= 4'eyes'.
    Headlight 'bucket' is a commonly used generic term for a headlight adjusting ring.
    'Door' is another one for the trim bezel.
    Am using the terms 'bucket', and 'square' meaning rectangle.

Found a exploded view pic of all the parts.
    Click on seller's "read full desc" for larger, clearer view:
    https://www.ebay.com/p/NOS-1979-1980....c100005.m1851

Part desc and (number) in pic:
    Each assy consists of a stamped metal bucket (3), spring (5), two aiming adjusters (not shown).
    4" x 6" sealed beam (2), retainer (1), plastic outer trim bezel (4).

The bucket assy attaches to the radiator support. A spring retains it, two aim adjusters align it.
    The adjusters snap into a square hole in the support, and slide sideways onto bucket slots.
    The bucket is sort of loose until the spring is installed.
    The spring tensions the bucket to the rad support, allowing movement for aim adjustment of headlight.
    The sealed beam wire feeds thru the bucket's large center hole.
    Sealed beam is installed next, held in by the rectangular retainer with 4 screws.
    This retainer screws onto the bucket to hold the sealed beam in place in the bucket.
    The outer trim bezel is fastened by screws into the bumper cover.

Have worked in that area of the car a few times to recondition parts.
    Later models, like the 'aero' Mustang, switched over to fixed lens with screw in bulbs and use no buckets.
    There are several types of buckets. Older 2 or 4 round, 'square' small '4eye' headlight, large 'square' two headlight.

Next: finding sources for these parts.
    Springs, aiming adjusters, no problem.
    Quick search did not turn up new buckets for Mustang/Capri 4 beam system.
    Other models and brand cars of the 80's era used four headlights. Parts interchange is unclear.
    Ford prob is the same, others ??. Never know.
    Used parts may have to do for now. Best chance looks to be at salvage yards, online like ebay, or car-part.com.

Yes sir ^

Thanks a bunch for that man, I actually went to a shop and saw exactly what you're showing me here, and turns out I have the hardware (springs ,adjuster screws) in decent shape.Like you said,the buckets are basically impossible.I did find A. The 87-93 buckets and B. Buckets for a GMC van, that use the same headlights as us, but only 2 vs our 4. That's aftermarket.
    I do have a guy roughly 40 miles away with oem 4 eye foxbody ones, if I cannot source a aftermarket that would fit.

Regardless thanks a bunch man ������������

80's Camaro had 4 lights
    I wonder..
    Then there were other fox chassis too with four:
    LTD, TBird, Fairmont Futura, Grenada, Lincoln, Mercs.