Close

Default 96 v6 mustang parts car ... Days away from crushing

I bought a trashed 96 v6 mustang without a fuel system for some t5 parts I needed for my 85. I took the t5 but the car is rusted to the point of unsafe so it's next stop is car heaven.

my question is what parts are worth grabbing for fox body duty some day?

Rear brake brackets and axles, front brakes springs and shocks/struts. The front seats also interchange. The spindles also work for a 5-lug swap.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

As stated above the front brakes are the same as the GT, but smaller than the Cobra. The spindles work with aftermarket K members, but cause bumpsteer on a Fox with a stock K member. The E brake cables and even the E brake handle and misc hardware can be swapped to a Fox. The fuel tank can even be swapped into a Fox for EFI.

Seats are a bolt in if you like the style in a Fox. The engine bay power distribution box is a great idea for some custom builds too.

Although I don't care for the look, others like the SN95 dash swap in a Fox so that another part that could be pulled if wanted.

Front control arms can be used on a Fox for a wider stance and better handling, the steering rack is another option although it requires a custom intermediate shaft to connect to the Fox steering column. Rear control arms both upper and lower can be swapped to a Fox too.

Probably a few other parts, but that is all I can think of right now, my coffee hasn't taken full effect yet this morning.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

3g alt, I think...
    1 1987 cougar

3.8L V6 might be fun with some turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    3.8L V6 might be fun with some turbos.
    I could get the car to run on eather but couldn't get 100 obo for this engine. Id have given it to you if you didn't live in Nebraska. I didnt expect how few people care about sn95 parts.

Don't forget the EEC.
    Also, if you could cut the EEC wire harness ~12" from the connector, that EEC connector with wires would be worth something.
    The electric fan might be worth something. But, shipping it might be a pain (need to find a box).

If the car has ABS (iirc, optional on a '96 V6), get the ABS stuff. I can list the stuff to grab.

As I've said a zillion times on the "other" stang website, I consider the pre-87 brakes to be for looks only!
    So, I suggest upgrading to sn95 brakes. But, that is a good amount of work!
    Yea, you'd need new rims, a bumpsteer kit (get MM!), and CC plates (get MM!). But, your car's brakes will no longer suck.
    It seems like you have the rims. But, I don't know if you could get rid of the car without rims.

Go to the local u pull it and grab crappy cheap rims.

Quote Originally Posted by foot2floor View Post
    I could get the car to run on eather but couldn't get 100 obo for this engine. Id have given it to you if you didn't live in Nebraska. I didnt expect how few people care about sn95 parts.
    I am parting a 96 vert with a dead V6. I have found that the V6’s are worth more as parts than as a whole. I’m stripping mine and will scrap the block and sell all the aluminum.
    Last edited by Tigger; 03-19-2018 at 01:00 AM.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

Trey,
    Are the rear control arms better than the oem fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    Trey,
    Are the rear control arms better than the oem fox?
    The construction looked basically the same to my eye.

Rear control arms are the same.
    1 1987 cougar