Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I rarely show my cars in MCA, so that doesn't really concern me. I plan to keep all parts for if/when I have to sell the cars. The engine has to come out soon as the oil leaks are getting bad. So while replacing the seals and gaskets, I have decided to put a 4bbl and intake from a low mile '84 on the car to wake it up a bit....along with that moving to dual exhaust. They are all period correct mods that I am not concerned about, and can be reversed.

I also want to drop the rear end out of the car so I can detail it and the under-body. It may be low mile, but it is still 36 yrs old and needs a bit of the Bob Wynland touch underneath!

At the end of the day I have three bone stock foxes. I have decided there is no harm in having one that sounds like a prototypical Fox Mustang with Flowmasters. I have always been a "bone stock" guy, and for the most part I still am. But after this summer is over I'm going to treat my '82 like many on this board preach...."it's your car, do what you want with it"

As for the hi-jack...we're keeping his F/S ad at the top
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

OK, understood ... carry on!
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Yea - some crazy guys turn their Four Eyed GTs into four eyed Saleen clones even. How's that for crazy?! Lol

I've received a few PMs on the cat-back. Tried to respond but inbox is full.

Up front Ive bought 1 5/8" shorty headers with 2 1/2" outlet, 2.5 H-pipe, and flowmaster high flow cats that do not require an air pump. The stock manifold/header and a 2 1/4 catless H is coming out.

out back the stock cat back is out. In its place will be 2.5" stainless with Magnaflow mufflers. Here's hoping the tail pipes clear the panhard!

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Yea - some crazy guys turn their Four Eyed GTs into four eyed Saleen clones even. How's that for crazy?! Lol

I've received a few PMs on the cat-back. Tried to respond but inbox is full.

Up front Ive bought 1 5/8" shorty headers with 2 1/2" outlet, 2.5 H-pipe, and flowmaster high flow cats that do not require an air pump. The stock manifold/header and a 2 1/4 catless H is coming out.

out back the stock cat back is out. In its place will be 2.5" stainless with Magnaflow mufflers. Here's hoping the tail pipes clear the panhard!
    Sorry if your referring to me. I just figured out there is something is wrong with my message storage. It should not be full since I'm a fep contributor

Bumping for Mark

— James

Thought this would have been sold long ago ?

Looks to me like the date codes on the mufflers are;
    Thursday February 28, 1985 on the AB
    Friday March 8, 1985 on the AA.
    Dave

1FABP28M4FF114537 bought 12/84 sold 1992
    1MEBP79M8FF613099 bought 9/13 sold 10/19
    1FABP28M4FF166315 bought 3/12 sold 5/21

1FABP28T7FF239068 bought 10/14
    1FABP28T9GF181465 bought 10/14

I thought so too.

Texted you a message ,interested in trying to make a deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12