Close

Default Headlight installation 1985 Capri ????????

Alright i am trying to find out how these headlights go together on my 85 capri. I have looked around and cant find anything. How to the headlights go in with the adjusters and spring, with the buckets/canisters headlights? But i have looked all around here. you tube and i cant find anything.

I got this car in pieces and i am getting close to getting it all back together.

_ install adjuster on headlight panel
    _ install bucket on panel with the spring
    _ install headlight on bucket
    _ screw trim ring on bucket over the headlight
    _ once headlights are installed, install bezel
    '79 Pace Car 5.0 (well 4.2 until better days)
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )

Yes i wasnt sure where the spring attached to. but i have it now. Thank you

6 year old thread for the win. Why make a new one.

So, I see all over online places to buy the replacement 4x6 headlights for a 4 eyed Capri. And I have one light that I've tried mounting just to see how to do it. I'm glad I found this thread because I could never get it (or the bezels) to go in. It looks like I don't have the spring or trim ring :/ I have a pic if it'd help, basically all I have is the plastic pieces that hold the two headlights on each side and nothing else.

Tia

Have found using ss screws eliminates trim ring retainer and bezel rusted screw problems when replacing sealed beams.
    Also replacing all aiming adjusters is inexpensive. NPD and others have the parts.

Thats the thing i dont see any holes to screw into,to hold headlight bezels in