Close

Default I'm baaaaack - 1980 Cobra

Hi folks, it's been awhile. I had a supercharged 86 GT T-top the last time I was on here.

Ended up selling it for a family car (Audi A4... yuck lol), then a Coyote Mustang (2011) which I got bored with and ended up in a Fox again (87 notch)... I just recently picked up a 1980 Cobra (Thanks Steven if you read this).

She's a little rough around the edges but I plan on fully restoring her, not going to be a concourse by any means but I can't wait to tear it apart and rebuild it.

The plan is to strip the bad paint work, do some metal work (remove bondo and make it great again)... And paint it back to factory (with a minor twist). It should be medium grey metallic and tu-tone according to the buck tags.

Anyway, please follow the Dirty Cobra's blog postings... https://foxstang.com/1980-cobra-dirty-cobra/

I have already collected parts:
    - 17" bullet wheels
    - 5 lug stuff
    - 93 Cobra intake (real, not Chinese)
    - A9L and harness for EFI swap
    - T5 stuff
    - 2.5" exhaust
    - EFI fuel lines, tank with 255LPH pump, etc...
    - (I technically have most of the stuff to replicate the 93 Cobra engine, down to the heads... but not sure yet)

In the mail already are things like complete floor pan, trim, etc... And I'm looking for the recaro option seats.
    Last edited by 4 eyes; 02-18-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    1980 Cobra Project

Did some more work on the Cobra... Next stage is to start the metal work... should be fun! https://foxstang.com/dirty-cobra-gets-torn-apart/

Welcome back & good luck with your new project Cobra!!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Thanks, I love the early 4-eyes. Still want to do a PaceCar and 82 GT One at a time I guess. lol
    1980 Cobra Project

FEP Power Member

Hey Stevo! There's a 82 GT for sale in la belle province...T-top and recaros. Dids you see that yet?