Close

Default New member from North Carolina

Hello,

I recently acquired a 1984 GT T-Top Hatchback from a friend that has been parked for about 6 years. The car had a nearly perfect body but upon arrival at my house it rolled off the car dolly and bent the drivers side door back, luckily it cam with two extra doors.
    I have big plans for this stang but for now I just want to get it back on the road and enjoy it. I have dubbed it the mousetang because of the family of field mice that surprised me once I got it in the garage and started dismantling it.
    Name:  5640.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  95.8 KBName:  5642.jpg
Size:  113.3 KBName:  5681.jpg
Size:  106.8 KB

Welcome to FEP. Nice clean looking 86. Boy you just bent a expensive door. The t-top doors are really sought after on here as they are hard to find clean ones. You can get good money for the glass and guts though since they only work on t-top cars. Check the wiring good if you had mice in it as they like to chew wiring because it is sweet tasting to them. I restore cars and we are doing a 1964 galaxie 500 and we dug 30 dead rats out of it and they chewed up the wiring.
    Bob
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

Thanks for the advice supercharged347, I have gutted the entire interior and have been tracing wires utilizing the factory wiring diagram and so far so good. I look forward to seeing pics of the Galaxie, my dad had one when I was little. My first car was a 1966 ford fairlane GT 390 4 speed, what I wouldn't do to have that one back right now.

Welcome! nice looking car! Too bad about door. At least you still are still smiling

Welcome to FEP... Sucks about the door and Dave hit it on the head, your still smiling.. Have fun with the car...