Close

Default Stalk mounted cruise control

I’m going to install a momo steering wheel into my car. I have the 84 lx cruise wheel. I want to switch to stalk mounted cruise to keep it functional. Anyone ever do this? And what models should I be looking to get the switch from?
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

What style momo wheel are you going with? Saleen made a holder for the factory buttons that mounts to the wheel. Someone is reproducing them so if your going with a Monte Carlo or something close you might be able to make one of those work for you and make things a little easier.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

I’m using a Monte Carlo. I’m looking at a wiring diagram from an 83 with cruise that doesn’t have a slip ring, so I’m thinkjng an 83 switch may have what I’m looking for. Also From what I can tell is there is a stalk switch from dealer installed cruise that will plug in and work. I found a part number e4fz-9c888-a, I haven’t confirmed that is correct though. I’ll be on the lookout for one. I’ve seen the later 80’s switches mounted to the Monte Carlo and they don’t look terrible. But do take away from the look of the wheel in my opinion.
    Last edited by Lowetlx; 02-13-2018 at 12:24 PM.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

IIRC, part number e4fz-9c888-a was created for use on the '84 SVO, since Speed Control wasn't available from the factory. You might try Green Sales Company in Ohio.

George Gast is the gentleman from the Saleen hobby that makes the CNC brackets for Momo wheels....exact reproduction of what Saleen used back in the day for the 87+ Fox Saleens. Not exactly sure what they did for CC in 85-86. George is not in here, but you can find him on Facebook.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Thanks guys, looks like green sales had 38 of the stalk switches in stock. Now they should have 37. I’ll post up when I get it with an update.
    Last edited by Lowetlx; 02-13-2018 at 04:09 PM.

I received the switch. It comes with 2 different stalks to vary the angle. The connector will need to be cut and spliced. I’ll have to figure out which wire is which l. That should be easy enough with a meter. this is a great option to retain cruise on a 4 eye car as long as the resistances through the switches are the same. If not I’ll have to wire up some resistors to make it work. Name:  A9443CA0-A80B-49B4-8B72-29233A110DAF.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  100.9 KB, i noticed that the on/ resume share a button so may have to get creative to get it working.
    Last edited by Lowetlx; 02-16-2018 at 07:02 PM.

FEP Senior Member

In the other thread linked to in this thread one of the guys mentions that you need p/n E6ZZ-13305-A which is apparently some sort of hollow lever (although looking at pictures it looks just like a regular turn signal stalk). Based on what you are saying all you need is p/n E4FZ-9C888-A correct?
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

The switch comes with everything needed to mount the switch to your column. But it is not plug and play. It doesn’t have the resistance values that the wheel switches do. You will need to wire up a resistor pack to make it work.