Close

Default New member in England

Hi... Present Mustang.. 1982 Right Hand Drive ! 3.3 liter straight six Auto Mustang Ghia... the one with the leather seats and no doubt known by all the sun roof with out a drain tube so the tin worm has set in... Its all under cover at present , on stands.. needs to be moved soon , looking locally for some wheel dollies. It was originally 390 TRX`s , which I am selling x5 minus the tyres ( the reason they`re going is the expenses..I have got another set of 390 wheels x4 with a good set of TRX tyres but the tyre walls in places are suffering... but that`s another story ) I`m thinking about the 16 inch trx replica wheels to keep the look...Engines not been fired up for about 8 years, full service when its out in the open, fuel tank need draining and refilling.. hope it likes Unleaded gas... it was running on 4 star, which in UK is not available at the pumps now... .. to be continued as the resto progresses..
    How many RHD cars are on the register ? ( I believe mine was converted by Ford at Slough in England... two problems..first when the shifter broke I could`nt get a RHD so the push button the stick had to be on the right and its designed for thumb operation but the set up with a LHD shifter its little finger operation ( let go of steering wheel and cross arms to put my left thumb on it and hope no traffic cops are around.. lol ) and the second problem I forget `cos it took so long explaining the cross arm gear change ( reverse ) .. always another day to list inefficiencies ... safe driving

Welcome! I like your term for rust [tin worm] I am sure someone on this site will have info. on RHD cars. Any pics?

Welcome to FEP... Hope you put some pics soon...

^^^What he said!
    Good to see a new member from across the pond.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Hope these pictures come out as my computer is misbehaving...Name:  MMT666X (3).jpg
Views: 78
Size:  83.4 KBName:  securedownload mmt66 6x.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  26.2 KB

Nice.....

cool pics, cool car, welcome on board!

Do you have interior pics? :-)

If you ever plan to drive over to the continent give me notice. I would love to test drive a I6, never had the chance so far.

cheers from a fellow Ghia driver
    '79 Ghia 5.0 notch, '94 C4 6-sp vert (sold), '95 Cobra coupe w/Vortech SC (sold), '88 GT 5-sp vert (sold), '86 GT 5-sp vert (sold)

nickname: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCFM5rUfuI