Close

Default Head rests removable?

Will the head rests separate from the seats. I have a set i am going to ship and if i can remove the head rest it will make it easier. They don't seem to want to move and I don't want to damage them especially the netting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes the headrests are removable.

There is a small metal clip that catches on the aluminum stalk/post of the headrests that keeps them from popping out.

The trick is to use a small thin metal stick (an old door lock shimmy works well) to gently release that clips so the headrests can be removed. It can be a bit of a pain to release the clip. Some have luck going from the top down and others prefer to loosen the bottom of the seat cover and come up from the bottom of the seat to release the clip. Hard to explain exactly how to do it.

I found this video, maybe it will help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMd7wfS1Brw
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Yes the headrests are removable.

There is a small metal clip that catches on the aluminum stalk/post of the headrests that keeps them from popping out.

The trick is to use a small thin metal stick (an old door lock shimmy works well) to gently release that clips so the headrests can be removed. It can be a bit of a pain to release the clip. Some have luck going from the top down and others prefer to loosen the bottom of the seat cover and come up from the bottom of the seat to release the clip. Hard to explain exactly how to do it.

I found this video, maybe it will help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMd7wfS1Brw
    The Recaro is a bit different.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sorry! You didn't specify that you had Recaros. Didn't notice I was in the Pace Car section. My Bad!

The Recaro headrest is held in place by a hairpin clip. You will have to pull the seat cover up to gain access to the clip to remove it.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller