Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Reinstalled some bigger idle air bleeds back into the Holley 4412-2 500cfm 2-barrel on the 3.8, from 0.070" for over the winter, and readjusted the idle mixture screws. This time with 0.078", and still no level road load cruise or light/part throttle acceleration surging or complaints. Crispier and minimal pedal accelerating even nicer than with the 0.076" IABs in it last year and previous when it averaged 32mpg.

Last edited by Walking-Tall; 04-11-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Buttoned up everything except the hood on the Saleen, set it on the ground and was ready to pull it out for a drive, and it was starting to rain. Oh well maybe tomorrow night will be the test drive.

Yesterday: fiddled with the passenger door-pull bar until it would open from the inside without doing all kinds of Fonzie-type stuff.
    Tried adjusting the passenger window, think I made it worse.

Tonight (hopefully): new fan clutch and 180 degree thermostat.

Planning to drive her to Gainesville Saturday for the Orange and Blue game and don’t wanna stress about temps at stoplights.

Dumped out the 10w30 crap that was in it for the winter and did an oil change with CTC heavy duty straight 30 weight, and put a 180-degree thermostat back in it. She's a happy camper.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Welp, learned a lesson. Did a lot of web surfing today about my temp issue at stoplights. Came to the conclusion it had to be the fan clutch. Stopped on the way (out of the way) home from work to get one. Get home...realize I’ve got a solid fan. Nobody close by has the clutch fan blade. Nobody except mail order places seem to have the bolts.
    Sized up that lower thermostat housing bolt and decided I’m not doing any wrenching today.
    Idiot.
    Last edited by HurricaneJesus; 04-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Installed rebuilt carb from Guaranteed Carburetors. Runs perfect just had to adjust idle even the choke works with no adjustment Washed her up today finally a nice day!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Messing with the fan I noticed my serpentine belt looked pretty rough. Swapped it out using a different routing outlined on lmr. Call me crazy but it seems like she’s running better. Hopefully between this and the new fan clutch we’ll fare better in stop and go.

Name:  IMAG2877.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  147.5 KB

Name:  IMAG2870.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  156.8 KB

Took her out for the first drive this year to meet some friends (Firebird, '86 GT, Century and Monza Towne Coupe '79)
    '79 Ghia 5.0 notch, '94 C4 6-sp vert (sold), '95 Cobra coupe w/Vortech SC (sold), '88 GT 5-sp vert (sold), '86 GT 5-sp vert (sold)

nickname: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCFM5rUfuI

I have been wanting to darken my hatch window to get better sun protection for the back seats etc. I removed the upper wing and my wife & I applied this graphic:
    Name:  SVO with the graphic:cropped.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  123.2 KB
    The next day I ripped it back off because it was slightly too small, and I had to attempt to patch pieces in to cover the lower portion of the window. On top of that I decided that it looked a bit too gaudy for me.
    I guess my next move will be to just have a tint shop tint it for me.
    Ron
    Last edited by BLK BRD 88; 04-19-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Replaced the flexfan with the stock clutch fan. Gonna use the flex fan for home defense.
    Went and sat idling at my son’s soccer practice for five or ten minutes and the temp stayed right around 190. Hopefully we’re cool now (pun intended).

FEP Senior Member

This has been my big accomplishment for this week. My widebody kit is on and finished. I stopped keeping accurate time to get it to this point, but I'd say 80+ hours of labor for the whole kit. I'm happy with how it fits, and I can confidently move to the next piece of the puzzle.

Name:  done fender.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  done kit.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  95.7 KB
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Swapped out all the rear bulbs for LEDs

Name:  Capri LED.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  Capri LED2.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  102.1 KB
    Last edited by wraithracing; 04-21-2018 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Correct Pictures
    1980 Capri
    5.0 EFI Mass Air, Rebuilt T5, Centerforce Dual Friction, B&M Ripper Shifter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5 Lug 8.8, Cobra Brakes, Maximum Motorsports HD Lower Control Arms 94GT Spindles, 94 Front Control Arms, B Springs, Tokico Shocks & Struts, MM Camber Plates

Fixed the Water Pump Leak I had Last week when doing a Nasty Two Block Burnout Lol. Fixed it and is Running Great.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

Quote Originally Posted by 81coupe View Post
    Fixed the Water Pump Leak I had Last week when doing a Nasty Two Block Burnout Lol. Fixed it and is Running Great.
    Get any footage?

Took her out for the first drive of the season. Happy, Happy, Happy.

^^^ Me too... spring has finally sprung in central NY!
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

Name:  IMG_5255.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  116.7 KB
    Got it inspected for the first time in years
    1980 Capri
    5.0 EFI Mass Air, Rebuilt T5, Centerforce Dual Friction, B&M Ripper Shifter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5 Lug 8.8, Cobra Brakes, Maximum Motorsports HD Lower Control Arms 94GT Spindles, 94 Front Control Arms, B Springs, Tokico Shocks & Struts, MM Camber Plates

Finally got the SVO in the garage and pulled the trans, clutch and flywheel out. Taking the flywheel to get resurfaced and then install the new clutch later this week.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Inspected rear brakes and read a bunch of threads on 5 lug conversions.

Name:  IMG_8845.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  101.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJesus View Post
    Get any footage?
    Lol, No footage. Wished that I did though. Maybe next time.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Town View Post
    Inspected rear brakes and read a bunch of threads on 5 lug conversions.

Name:  IMG_8845.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  101.5 KB
    If you’re anywhere near me in Florida I call dibs on your ten-holes.

Took the McLaren to DEQ for testing so I could renew the tags. Passed by the skin of her teeth .

I filled her tank to the top last fall when I parked her for the rainy season. Probably should have used most of that old gas and filled with fresh. But passed and have new tags.

May go for a drive tomorrow.

Mike

Vacuumed out and washed the Futura before the show tomorrow at Mustangs Unlimited. While the car was out of the garage, I also put away the snow blower and took out the lawn mower. Hope I wasn't being too hasty, after all this is New England.

Finished the new clutch install in the SVO this afternoon.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Hi, I had a very busy weekend, installed new door seals so now you really have to shut the door! I also installed a H4 headlight conversion to replace the sealed beams as I recently found out they are illegal here in Switzerland! as you have to have a sidelight hmm... maybe should explain further here in Swissland the front orange lights are converted to turn signals as you cannot have orange front lights. So the headlight has to have a sidelight which the H4 conversion gives you. I bought a harness kit from All Star Truck parts via Amazon (which took 4 days to get all the way here!!) which worked as advertised (plug n play) but you have to remember to use the Hella HL66496 adapter or swap the ground wire when you connect the ASTP harness to the car light harness. Made a neat little bracket to install the relays which are located right next to the battery, the lights now get their power direct from the battery which is why you require the relays, this is why the light switch burns if you do not install relays into the circuit when you change to H4 lights. And with some help from the wife we tried to tidy up the roof lining aaarghh!!! you can guess what my next purchase is and I think I find a professional to install a new headliner! Cheers Steve
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast