Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My new msd distributor came in today for the pace car. I put it in and it fired right up and ran half way decent. Tomorrow, I'll have to set the timing and adjust the carb. I may be able to drive this thing on the road, here soon!

I moved it from one bay of the garage to another as we are starting to get our vehicles into their summer positions. My car hadn't been started all winter and wasn't on a battery tender so I was a little apprehensive as to whether the battery might be low but she cranked over good and fired up.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Did nothing on the car, but did receive my original Ford bill of sale from Marti, all that's left now is to try to find the build sheet.Name:  20180301_135959_001.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  46.8 KB

Got the call that my wife's water broke, which gave me an excuse to drive my Mustang like an absolute maniac...nothing broke and I'll have a daughter soon!

Not a whole lot lately, We moved and bought a New House. Problem is that we have No Garage to store it in anymore. So It sits outside for now waiting on spring. Drove it the other day though for a winters warm up and picked My son up from school. Great times Man.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJesus View Post
    Got the call that my wife's water broke, which gave me an excuse to drive my Mustang like an absolute maniac...nothing broke and I'll have a daughter soon!
    Wow, that is great Man. Congrats !!!
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

Congratulations!

Thanks dudes! She arrived at 6:38 this morning, ten fingers and ten toes. Now maybe I should weld some anchors into the back for a baby seat because my wife isn't feeling the lap belt situation back there.

Source a latch system from a 94+ car.

Yanked the motor and c5 tranny out of the 79 cobra last night. Also started tearing down a low mileage non-HO 302. Just going to strip it down to the short block and find new/used heads and cam. I already have a good Holley 4 barrel and intake. I may have found an E cam here locally. I'd like to find a set of gt40's or something kinda cheap. So far, everyone wants $3-500 for junkyard take-off gt40's around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    Yanked the motor and c5 tranny out of the 79 cobra last night. Also started tearing down a low mileage non-HO 302. Just going to strip it down to the short block and find new/used heads and cam. I already have a good Holley 4 barrel and intake. I may have found an E cam here locally. I'd like to find a set of gt40's or something kinda cheap. So far, everyone wants $3-500 for junkyard take-off gt40's around here.
    Are you saying your local pull yards want 3-500 for heads? Or people on Craigslist?
    I always see the correct year Explorers at my local pull-a-part but so far I haven’t felt froggy enough to grab a pair.
    edit: if I’m reading the price list correctly my local place would sell a set for $100.
    http://www.acepickapart.com/mobile/pricing.html?a=c
    Last edited by HurricaneJesus; 03-03-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Sarted going thru the harness and cleaning it up. Had to replace a section of wire for the a/c pressure switch too.

Are you saying your local pull yards want 3-500 for heads? Or people on Craigslist?
    I always see the correct year Explorers at my local pull-a-part but so far I haven’t felt froggy enough to grab a pair.
    edit: if I’m reading the price list correctly my local place would sell a set for $100.
    http://www.acepickapart.com/mobile/pricing.html?a=c
    Both. My local yards are a joke. And people think gt40 heads are worth as much as a good used set of aluminum aftermarkets!

Edit: We don't have "you pull" yards around here. They don't trust these tweakers with tools lol
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 03-04-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Got my rear lower seat installed one step closer, now i just need to find and upper

Name:  20180304_133153.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  97.1 KB

FEP Power Member

Default Driv8ng the 84 GT Turbo

Been enjoying my 84 GT. Hit 60k for the first time.

The 85 is down for a water pump replacement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Drove the pace car under her own power! Granted, I just went down the street a little ways, but it felt good just to get her going again. I still need to figure out the brake issue. It barely has any. Pedal goes to the floor. I bled the system twice already. I guess I could still have some air in the lines somewhere. Also, the fan will only kick on if I tap the fan controller. I've replaced the controller twice and same issue with the last 2 (first one didn't work at all). Relay tests ok.

Anyway, I put tags on her today, so she's legal and should be going for paint soon.

Picked up a timing light and a vacuum tester and got the Stang running a little better. The bucking/stumbling at part throttle seems gone but now I get a split second of hesitation when I get on the gas from part throttle. Decided to drink several beers and reflect on this issue.

Got some feeler gauges (gonna need a bigger tool chest before it’s all said and done) and got to adjusting my accelerator pumps. Dropped the rear float to see if it’ll stop stalling on decel.
    Still not quite “there” but between today and yesterday she’s driving a lot better around town.

Dropped off the pace car at a buddy's for paint. Attachment 119451

Thanks dudes! She arrived at 6:38 this morning, ten fingers and ten toes. Now maybe I should weld some anchors into the back for a baby seat because my wife isn't feeling the lap belt situation back there.
    Congrats bud! Time to make the Stang baby friendly!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Picked up a friend for Blondie.

Name:  C38FC17A-9867-442E-9FED-5FD247E2E0AD.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  109.4 KB
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Congrats bud! Time to make the Stang baby friendly!
    Thanks man! What’s funny is before I settled on a four-eye my wife was totally on-board with me buying a mid-60’s Beetle. At least the Stang is 1980’s-safe...
    Edit: on a serious note I probably just won’t drive the baby around in it until she’s in a forward-facing seat.

Scored another set of mesh wheels. These are ARE’s and almost perfect. They only have 2 center caps, but for the dirt cheap price, I can’t complain.

Name:  A797DB54-87A9-403E-B6F4-45E3D7EB936F.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  99.8 KB
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Scored another set of mesh wheels. These are ARE’s and almost perfect. They only have 2 center caps, but for the dirt cheap price, I can’t complain.

Name:  A797DB54-87A9-403E-B6F4-45E3D7EB936F.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  99.8 KB
    Dangit, I check Craigslist daily for a set of those. Great score.

Dangit, I check Craigslist daily for a set of those. Great score.
    I got lucky on these as a buddy sent me the link when they were posted, otherwise I would have never know about them. I was really surprised that they were local. I somehow was first in line and there were people waiting behind me, but for $150 I couldn’t pass them up.

Sorry everyone else locally that was hoping I would pass.
    Brock

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast