Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2018 What did you do for your four-eye today???

Not sure if there’s already a thread for this year but...
    I swapped out my seatbelt sleeves (easy as pie) and did my passenger side window guide bushing (not easy at all). Name:  B98BDCF6-D7AB-4363-89CA-377A6700EECB.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  87.2 KB
    As you can see I kicked off my right shoe with delight when I got that guide rod back in there.

Was checking belt alignment today and found out crank pulley about 3/8 set back from others pulleys. Another trip to Internet to buy spacer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Put in some new dash speakers to replace the blown Kickers the PO had in there. Went with the Pioneers a lot of people here reccomend. So far sounds pretty good but holy hell, my dash Hull is a cracked up mess under the dash pad.

FEP Senior Member

I bought an SVE Peformance radiator hold down bracket from LMR and it came in yesterday. I had to adjust the bends slightly to try and fit over the Be Cool radiator I'm running in my new build. I need to adjust it a little more but it fits pretty well.

Attachment 118979
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Still putting the jigsaw puzzle of vacuum lines and switches back together from the fire

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  132.6 KBCleaned her up for Cars n Coffee at the local shop. Left her there for them to weld in some subframe connectors.
    Last edited by HurricaneJesus; 02-17-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Default Sport steering wheel

Name:  IMAG2272.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  85.4 KB

I've found a Sport steering wheel as new (approx. 5'000 km) from a '78 stang. But it will not fit straight forward to my tilt steering wheel column I suppose ...
    '79 Ghia 5.0 notch, '94 C4 6-sp vert (sold), '95 Cobra coupe w/Vortech SC (sold), '88 GT 5-sp vert (sold), '86 GT 5-sp vert (sold)

nickname: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCFM5rUfuI

I repaired a coolant leak from the thermostat housing and changed the rear differential lube. Next will be the T5 tranny gear oil then all fluids will be replaced on this car that set for 6 years by the previous owner.

Went through an old 4 barrel holley I had on the shelf. I got a few things out of the way on the pace car and I'm waiting on some brake parts to come in. So I decided to tinker on the ol 79 cobra. Going to slap the 4 barrel and new intake on it and see if she'll run half way decent. Regardless, she's getting a new motor... but it would be nice to have a running project for a change.

Once I get the brakes finished on the pace car, it's going to the paint shop. So I'll be able to really dive into the cobra.

Attachment 119077
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 02-19-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Got a call from the shop telling me the sfc's I bought off craigslist weren't MM and they're too crappy to even bother welding in. Oh well, lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJesus View Post
    Got a call from the shop telling me the sfc's I bought off craigslist weren't MM and they're too crappy to even bother welding in. Oh well, lesson learned.
    well its not their call, you are paying them to weld them on
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    well its not their call, you are paying them to weld them on
    Maybe they are trying to be helpful, rather than charge him for something that won't help. They are giving up there labor profit. Sounds like a honest shop.

It IS their call.

I built street rods for many years and there is no way, professionally, that I would install crap parts on a customer's car. Not to mention the legal liability if I had installed the bad parts and they had failed.

Trust your shop. They're not telling you no because they don't want your money.

Mike

Yeah this shop has a good reputation in the area so I’m gonna trust them over the Craigslist stranger that sold me the sfc’s. At $30 I wanted to believe they were MM. That’s on me.

Installed new clutch and flywheel, clutch is spec stage 2 and flywheel is spec 28oz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Got some more of my interior trim painted for the 85
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

Slapped on my new fog light covers and ran some errands. Perfect Mustang weather in Florida right now!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  90.9 KB

So question, the prior owner included a new set of parking light lenses but I have no clue how to get the old ones out. I took off the two big bolts from the plate the lenses are bolted to but that sucker isn't budging. Definitely doesn't look like they'll fit through the front...

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJesus View Post
    So question, the prior owner included a new set of parking light lenses but I have no clue how to get the old ones out. I took off the two big bolts from the plate the lenses are bolted to but that sucker isn't budging. Definitely doesn't look like they'll fit through the front...
    On the backside of the front bumper there are 3 9/16" socket bolts that hold the turn signal light assembly in the bumper. Remove those then remove the entire bracket with turn signal light. Will be a tight fit with the bumper cover on the car. Once you get the bracket and light out, you can remove the light from the plate. Obviously install is reverse of above. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    On the backside of the front bumper there are 3 9/16" socket bolts that hold the turn signal light assembly in the bumper. Remove those then remove the entire bracket with turn signal light. Will be a tight fit with the bumper cover on the car. Once you get the bracket and light out, you can remove the light from the plate. Obviously install is reverse of above. Good Luck!
    Thanks man! I'm so glad I've got this site to turn to when my enthusiasm outweighs my skill/knowledge.

Took it to a muffler shop!!...

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

New bearings, rotors, calipers, and hoses on the pace car. I ended up using the old pads, which appeared to have almost no miles on them. I had 2 new sets of pads, both which were unusable for different reasons. Attachment 119229

I finally replaced my d/s power window motor and put in a new inner dew wipe. Really have to contort your hands in there, but now I can cruise with the window down!

And an eerily perfect weather day here in NJ yesterday. 61 and sunny in February! Took her for a ride.
    Name:  IMG_5555.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  112.6 KB
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Started the 86 up in the trailer, winched out the Cobra and started it up, checked operation of everything on both cars, OK. Will be pulling the radiator on the 86 too refinish the side tanks, the paint is flaking off and I'm anal. After nearly 32 years and 19000 miles it appears to have a small coolant leak at the water pump so I'm gonna replace that also as a precaution, plus block some threaded holes in the timing cover that seem to be leaking coolant on the r/s timing cover pocket, this was previously discussed on another thread.

I finally got my wiring harness from Fox Resto that I've been waiting almost two months for. Now for the fun of putting it in.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    I finally got my wiring harness from Fox Resto that I've been waiting almost two months for. Now for the fun of putting it in.
    Definitely doesn't sound like fun!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast