Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    one suggestion ...... if you dare to blow that seat apart you can use a product called "tear mender" or contact adhesive along with denim to repair the seat. pull the rip together as best you can, and apply the patch to the back of it using the old "cohesive" method. works like a champ. Then put it back together.

Love the car. enjoy it!
    Thanks but those seats are not gonna be in the car long, they aren't comfortable so Recaros will be going in soon. Thanks for the tip though.

For some reason I have the urge to get out the 2,000 grit sandpaper and the water bucket. That is single stage and it's a lot thicker than most people think. It can be made to look brand new. It already looks tons better. Can't wait to see it in October. Congrats on the purchase. It is weirdly (and low) optioned for sure. I wish you could still do that in 2018. Mine had AC, PW, PL but was radio delete. This is the polar opposite. I guess he wanted tunes and a 5.0 and that's about it, nothing wrong with that!

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    For some reason I have the urge to get out the 2,000 grit sandpaper and the water bucket. That is single stage and it's a lot thicker than most people think. It can be made to look brand new. It already looks tons better. Can't wait to see it in October. Congrats on the purchase. It is weirdly (and low) optioned for sure. I wish you could still do that in 2018. Mine had AC, PW, PL but was radio delete. This is the polar opposite. I guess he wanted tunes and a 5.0 and that's about it, nothing wrong with that!
    I had to hit a few spots with the 2000 grit, mostly rubbing compound though. It came out good for what it is.

[img]IMG_E7911 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]
    [img]IMG_E7913 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]

Nice!

Looks really good with the mesh rims....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Some new pics and upgrades
    [img]IMG_E8396 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]
    [img]IMG_E8392 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]
    [img]IMG_8280 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]

Looks great Joe, but honestly I like the black center mesh rims better with the black paint of the car....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Looks great Joe, but honestly I like the black center mesh rims better with the black paint of the car....
    At some point I’m going to paint these Black for now I’m trying to get other stuff finished. I like the Black better also.

I like the silver centers. Contrasts with the paint but goes with the stripe

Looks great with black or silver centers!
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12