Last week I added another 84Gt to my collection of 84GT's, this now gives me a Hardtop,T-top and Sunroof trio with 3 different colors and all wearing their original paint. This car first appeared in September of 2016 on craigslist local to me but I didn't go look at the car at the time. Early April of 2017 it then turned up again and I decided to take a look at it, I liked it but we couldn't agree on a price at the time and the owner sold it to a friend of his. In December of 2017 I regretted not buying the car so I put a wanted ad on Craigslist hoping to locate the car again and I got a response from the same guy who had the car in April telling me he owns the car again, so we made a deal last week and I brought the car home. The car has kind of a sad story behind it, it was bought new in Boyerstown Pa and actually never left the area. The original owner started modifying the car back in the 80's with subframe connectors,koni's c/c plates, 8.8 rear, FMS short block with SVO aluminum heads,WC T-5 and other odds and ends. In 1996 he committed suicide and the car sat outside till 99 until the widow moved the car into the garage where it then sat till she passed in 2016. The kids didn't know what to do with the car so they sold it to their local mechanic when then listed it on craigslist. The car was ordered with only 2 options, premium sound and a sunroof. No rear defrost, no power,ac or tilt wheel. It has 89k miles on it currently. I'm already in the process of giving the car a new life, here are some pics.
[img]IMG_7550 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]
[img]IMG_7559 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]
[img]IMG_7554 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]
[img]IMG_7603 by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]