Close

Default New Member in Southwestern Ohio

Hi,

My Name is Scott Kelley and I am new to this site. I have a 1980 Mustang hatchback which I originally purchased in Jan., 2016, sold after six months and just repurchased this past Saturday 2/3/18. My intent is to do some minor repairs to it, paint it, put some nicer wheels on it and use it for my daily driver for a while. The car is somewhat unique. It has a factory black and silver two tone paint scheme with two tone orange striping, a black and white cloth and vinyl interior, PS, PB, auto., AM/FM radio and A/C that still has the R12 in it and works great (at least it did - I guess I'll find out if it still does when the weather gets warmer). It also has a 200 inline six that still seems to run as good as it did when I owned it the first time. I'm starting to acquire some of the parts I need and search for others I will need. The body is very good overall - no rust and just a few door dings. I'm thinking about taking a body shop class at an area vocational school and doing the work myself. I've done it once before and enjoyed it. Besides this Mustang, I also have a '68 Mustang that I'm restoring and a '66 Mustang that has been with our family for 50 years. The attached pic is from when I purchased the car originally. I will try to get some current pics to post when the weather permits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome to FEP!!! love the 2 tone, my 81 ttop has same scheme!

Is your car the same colors as mine? I have yet to see another one like that. The only other two tone car I've seen pics of is blue and white. Please post a pic. Would love to see it.

Welcome! Sharp colors! Did you have sellers remorse and repurchase it ? I would have. Very nice

Welcome to FEP. Very nice looking car. Love the 2 tone paint.
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001