Close

Default 17" Cobra R Replicas all the same?

Does anyone know if the 4 lug 17 x 8 silver Cobra Rs that AM used to sell are the same as the ones from LMR? I put I little bend in one of mine.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

What year R? Pictures and measurements may be helpful

Most I see are 17x9......but you might find a refurbished one on ebay. I had good luck

They're replicas purchased in 2015 from AM. AM doesn't sell them in silver anymore. I see LMR has them for 100 bucks, I just wanted to know if they were the same rim. I'm assuming they are, but you never know.
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Ok...... there are many styles of R rims-- Therefore we don't know which one is being discussed. I give.....

Post a pic........can only help.

They’re the plain old “seen em once, seen em all” cobra r replicas that everyone has in 17 x 8 silver. Like this...
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Not to confuse its parts finding battle...... the silly part and reason I asked is those are not found on any 79-93 and the only Cobra R of that era wore a different wheel.

93 Cobra R's were 5 lug and had SN95 spindles and brakes. Basically they are the same wheel as the 94-95 GT 17" tribar, only black center and chrome center cap and polished outer lip.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by erratic50; 02-07-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Not to confuse its parts finding battle...... the silly part and reason I asked is those are not found on any 79-93 and the only Cobra R of that era wore a different wheel.

93 Cobra R's were 5 lug and had SN95 spindles and brakes. Basically they are the same wheel as the 94-95 GT 17" tribar, only black center and chrome center cap and polished outer lip.
    You're right. I did forget that ONE other wheel. But I assumed when I said "silver" and "replica" that it would be understood it wasn't an oem wheel or the 93 Cobra R wheel that only comes in black. In retrospect, I should have mentioned 95. But since the wheel I'm referencing sells like 10 to 1 vs the 93, i didn't consider that.

Anyway, i'll just contact LMR to see if they can give me sone insight. I was just worried I'd get a less than honest response since i bought the wheels from their main competitor.
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

If you have tweaked your wheel a bit have you considered just having yours repaired rather than replaced?

It may not be a cheaper alternative, but generally most wheel repairs are around $125-150 in regards to bends, cracks, etc.

You don't show where you are located, but you might check your local listings for wheel repairs/aluminum wheel repairs. Companies like Wheel America repair all kinds of OEM and aftermarket wheels and do a very good job at a reasonable cost. https://wheelsamerica.com/locations/

Might be worth looking into. Good luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Just looking at this thread...... man I need to get out my rattle can and masking tape....

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    If you have tweaked your wheel a bit have you considered just having yours repaired rather than replaced?

It may not be a cheaper alternative, but generally most wheel repairs are around $125-150 in regards to bends, cracks, etc.

You don't show where you are located, but you might check your local listings for wheel repairs/aluminum wheel repairs. Companies like Wheel America repair all kinds of OEM and aftermarket wheels and do a very good job at a reasonable cost. https://wheelsamerica.com/locations/

Might be worth looking into. Good luck!
    I thought about that, but a new wheel is less costly. If they don't match up for whatever reason, I might go that route. Its enough of a bend to notice wobble on a lift and cause vibration on the highway. I must have slammed a NJ pothole at some point. Love this state.
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air