Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FEP Senior Member

hmm i think im going to go get the car hopefully merc hasnt picked it up yet...the only thing that i would be interested in are the frontend and hood, let me know when you think of other stuff. i would deff go up for you no big. maybe if you paid for gas and hooked me up with the front and hood then i would go and just put them on a shelf and whenever you came up we could swap parts. do you think i could tow that coupe back on a two wheel dolly? or full car trailer.

BLake
    1973 Mustang Sportroof 5.8C
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

2 wheel doly should work fine.

FEP Senior Member

so what do you want to do about caddy fenders? and can i have the coupes phone number? and location? i think i might head down in june. maybe i could go get the fenders next weekend or something and bring them down with me and stop buy and pick up the front and the hood and the gasmoney from ya? sound good?
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

I am trying to get ahold of the guy again. Will let you know soon as I get a reply if its doable.

FEP Senior Member

right on sounds good.
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

FEP Member

Default I too have seen it.

Alright here's the story. I was at the scrap yard searchin for some things for my 86 LX. The owner pointed me to the back of the yard. As i got back there i saw it. The t-top coupe. I asked him if he would sell it and he said yes. He said 500 because of it's good body condition. It didn't have a drivetrain though. I don't have them money because I'm sixteen and paying for my hatch. But my dad did and he snatched it up. Now it's our newest project which i hope to own and drive in a couple years. Future plans include a 351W, T5 tranny, and who knows what else. I'll definately post some pics when i get the chance.
    Tom
    1986 LX - Sold
    1990 LX - 2.3 Turbo (FOR SALE)
    1985 ASC McLaren vert #116 - Sold to Red390GT
    2006 Mazda 3 5-door (Daily Driver)

FEP Member

Default t-top coupe

I forgot to mention our new t-top coupe is a 1980
    Tom
    1986 LX - Sold
    1990 LX - 2.3 Turbo (FOR SALE)
    1985 ASC McLaren vert #116 - Sold to Red390GT
    2006 Mazda 3 5-door (Daily Driver)

An '80 sedan with T-roof? Interesting. The production model span for factory-available T-roof was '77-'78 and '81-'88.

Are you sure the sedan is an '80 model? The VIN is the proof. Is the T-roof factory-original or aftermarket? The Vehicle Certification Label is the proof (and if that information isn't available, there is NO way to truly verify if it OE or aftermarket).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    An '80 sedan with T-roof? Interesting. The production model span for factory-available T-roof was '77-'78 and '81-'88.

Are you sure the sedan is an '80 model? The VIN is the proof. Is the T-roof factory-original or aftermarket? The Vehicle Certification Label is the proof (and if that information isn't available, there is NO way to truly verify if it OE or aftermarket).
    I think your info is a bit off. T-Tops were offered in 1979 and 1980. I know a guy with a 79 5.0 Ghia hatchback with T-Tops that are from the factory...

Definitely want to see some pics. I originally thought they were only built in 81. Your talking about the sedan, not hatch right?

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTT-Top
    I think your info is a bit off. T-Tops were offered in 1979 and 1980. I know a guy with a 79 5.0 Ghia hatchback with T-Tops that are from the factory...
    All of the information I have says different. The only T-roof-equipped Mustangs in '79 were the three actual Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars (the replica Pace Cars were all equipped with a sunroof). Regular Production Option 21D (Roof "T") was wasn't available for third generation Mustangs until '81.

If somebody has a '79 or '80 Mustang or Capri that had the hardtop roof converted to a T-roof by Cars and Concepts (the only company that officially did "factory" conversions for FoMoCo) BEFORE it was sent to the dealer (and BEFORE the dealer are the only units that are considered "factory") for retail sale , I'd like to see the proof. And the proof is on the VC Label.

A T-roof conversion done by a dealer or for a dealer by an aftermarket company and then sold by a dealer is not "factory". A conversion done by an aftermarket company after the vehicle was sold by a dealer is not "factory". Cars and Concepts were not then and are not now the only ones doing T-roof conversions. And even they did conversions for dealers and private owners. Again, the proof is on the VC Label.

I'll be happy to eat my words IF I'm wrong. But all information I have, have read, and have seen, says '81 was the first year (besides '77 and '78 ). I want verifiable proof such models exist. The VC Label is a great start.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP User

Here are pics of the San Angelo car. Not hardly enough to even be a parts car, for me, but if ya'all can do something with it, good luck!

Also, if you want the full size pics, pm me your email, and I'll send them to you.

Hey Merc,
    That's it. No, it's not in very good condition. Do you think my description of the condition accurate? I didn't remeber the door being that bad but otherwise I think I gave a good description. Did you by any chance look under the car at the floor boards? I usually do but forgot. Did you talk to anyone while you were there? Just curious, if the guy thinks his car is on the internet he may raise his price.
    What do you think Blake?
    Ugly, but you said you had parts. I am not getting a response from the guy with the Caddy stuff so I guess we don't have to worry about that.

FEP User

I would have, but it was 104 degrees. I was in shorts. too damn hot to be crawling under a car. On the way home, I thought, "I know someone is gonna ask about the floors."

I didn't go messing around too much also due to 1. No one was home. 2. My wife said no. Ah well, I'm actually looking for a Fairmont/Zephyr wagon, anyway.

Fairmont, cool! I thought about one of those, I had a 63 Rambler wagon but sold it(worse shape than the mustang). I want a wagon something to haul my mountain bike, right now I am thinking Jeep Cherokee. My mustang trunk isn't big enough to fit my new bike and its to expensive to leave setting out in the weather on a bike rack while I am at work.
    The thought of having my Mustangs features and performance in a wagon has always been an interesting thought.

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    Quote Originally Posted by 85GTT-Top
    All of the information I have says different. The only T-roof-equipped Mustangs in '79 were the three actual Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars (the replica Pace Cars were all equipped with a sunroof). Regular Production Option 21D (Roof "T") was wasn't available for third generation Mustangs until '81.

If somebody has a '79 or '80 Mustang or Capri that had the hardtop roof converted to a T-roof by Cars and Concepts (the only company that officially did "factory" conversions for FoMoCo) BEFORE it was sent to the dealer (and BEFORE the dealer are the only units that are considered "factory") for retail sale , I'd like to see the proof. And the proof is on the VC Label.

A T-roof conversion done by a dealer or for a dealer by an aftermarket company and then sold by a dealer is not "factory". A conversion done by an aftermarket company after the vehicle was sold by a dealer is not "factory". Cars and Concepts were not then and are not now the only ones doing T-roof conversions. And even they did conversions for dealers and private owners. Again, the proof is on the VC Label.

I'll be happy to eat my words IF I'm wrong. But all information I have, have read, and have seen, says '81 was the first year (besides '77 and '78 ). I want verifiable proof such models exist. The VC Label is a great start.
    This is the best I can do so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10076

Item description claims there are pics of T-Top cars within...

The 79 I know of is in MO so I MIGHT be able to catch up with it over Father's Day weekend (as I will be in the KC area then). Otherwise I am 800+ miles away from it at all times...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123