Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    86 50CPRI

Default Fabled T-Top coupe!

I actually saw one in person today.It was my first,ever.Probably a '79 or 80...bad silver or grey paint..almost couldn't believe my eyes!

Pete

Default Re: Fabled T-Top coupe!

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI
    I actually saw one in person today...Probably a '79 or 80...
    Close...the 21D (Roof "T") option wasn't avilable on regular production Fox Mustangs/Capris until '81.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Blog Entries

WHERE DID YOU SEE IT??????

I MUST SEE THIS!!! HELP ME ON MY QUEST!

I've heard there's one in one of the j/ys here. It wasn't that one, was it?

RedFox82

What? People don't see these things? I've seen a few... prob about 3 or 4 now.

86 50CPRI

No it wasn't in the junkyard,it was actually driving!It was at the light of the Greenway off ramp from I -17.I was crossing the freeway at Greenway and saw it...my head did about a 180* sweep as I drove by.

I also heard about one in the junkyard,was supposed to be a few months ago.

Pete

Malleus Banificarum

OMG....I must begin stalking procedures at once!

Gotta have me one of those babies. Gotta gotta gotta.

heres mine, its an 82 GLX original 5.0 4 speed car. originally silver and has black interior

i like the car but unfortunetly im probably gonna end up selling it

let me know if your gonna sell it please
    thanks
    1985 Capri RS

Anonymous

I would love to own that car.

Hooptie

I've seen a few around KC, but the are truly freaks of nature

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Hooptie
    I've seen a few around KC, but the are truly freaks of nature
    I lived in the KC area most of my life and never saw one. I never even knew they existed until last year.

Hooptie

I've lived here for 20 years, and I've seen a couple, both were total POSs...in fact, I saw a beaner tooling around in one about three weeks ago. It was faded brown.

gtluke

i've only seen one and it was an 87 4cyl

FEP Senior Member

Default WOW!!!

Wow, that t-top notch is beautiful, I am looking for one myself, seems like everyone is here though! Anyone looking for a 1984 GT Turbo?

BLake

Seems all the ones I have seen were 4cyl cars and all were pre 84. Wonder why that is......

I have seen 5-6 in person atleast. One was PERFECT! Little white one driven by a little old man.

Never saw an 84 or later one in person.
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

Check my www link.
    So how much would you guys be willing to pay for one, in well used/not running condition but rebuildable? I know where there is another.
    Might even sell mine if some one offered the right price.

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by 81ttopcoupe
    Check my www link.
    So how much would you guys be willing to pay for one, in well used/not running condition but rebuildable? I know where there is another.
    Might even sell mine if some one offered the right price.
    What year model is the one you know of that isn't running and where is it located?

81 or 82, in Texas.

Anonymous

81 or 82, in Texas.
    Got pics or info? The more the better...

81 or 82, in Texas.

...and we all know that Texas is such a small state

91 GT VERT
    06 F150

Basically its a shell with all the junk still attached. No pics, its not my car, I just know its location. OK, west Texas, thats about as specific as I am willing to get, and that's still bigger than a lot of states. If would be profitable to me, I could get more specific, otherwise I will wait until I am ready to buy it myself. ''

Anonymous

Basically its a shell with all the junk still attached. No pics, its not my car, I just know its location. OK, west Texas, thats about as specific as I am willing to get, and that's still bigger than a lot of states. If would be profitable to me, I could get more specific, otherwise I will wait until I am ready to buy it myself. ''
    So basically you are just bragging that you know where one is. O...K... Thanks for the info.

FEP Senior Member

well what are you thinking on price? I have some cash flow and would not mind picking one up. Im in Oklahoma City aka center of Oklahoma so I could pick it up. How far is the car gone? Total resto or ???......etc etc. let me know what you think.

Blake
    1973 Mustang Sportroof 5.8C
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

Basically it will need a complete restore with all new parts. If your looking to restore to original, I would say its not worth it, keep looking for a driver. Imaging a junk car setting behind a house. To zero you in a little closer, San Angelo, TX. I don't know the address, but I know the location.
    I will try to check on it this next week-end, or have someone check on it if I can find someone willing.
    So where are the hang outs and speed shops in OK city? I've been up there once and will probably be going back this summer visiting inlaws. You guys have been getting pounded by weather lately, wish we had some of your rain down here.

FEP Senior Member

Speedshops!! haha there a a couple. Powerhouse Performance it's a little hole in the wall place with a dyno , RPM Racing but they pretty much are scandals, and a place called .....can't remember but they do awesome work and have some baddd stangs. Ill post later when i remember. Hang-outs, the local thing to do in the city is Route 66 on saturday night. There is the Oklahoma Mustang Club meeting the last sunday of every month. I go to those there are a few nice cars there. Hmm the coupe sounds interesting, I'm looking for a summer project... Let me know what you find out Thanks

Blake
    Im in Oklahoma City too by the way.
    Let me know when your coming up we can cruise or check out each others cars!
    1973 Mustang Sportroof 5.8C
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast