Close

Default Interior trim 85 Saleen

What is this part called? Where can I find one?

I have the badges, but am short the trim.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Also was this gear shift trim used 85/86 models or 86 only? Pictured is an 86 as denoted by the shifter knob.

FEP Power Member

Unofficial, right side dash panel.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

The right side dash panel piece is no different than what came on any 85/86 mustang. It just has the Saleen Mustang logo stuck to it. I replaced mine with a nicer one years ago and just took the emblem off my original one and glued it to the replacement. Now I just need to get mine signed by Steve ....

As for the shifter, if you are referring to the Saleen logo between the coin tray and the shifter then that is not original in my opinion. Someone added that to the factory shifter bezel because my car does not have that and the other 85/86's I have seen in person did not have an emblem like that either.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

My 85 and 86 cars do not have the trim panel that goes over ford's attempt at metal and hex key made out of plastic. They look like thecattached instead.

I don't mind the look, but was thinking why not make the 85 blend in more.

I want want to get the car to the point of correct that all anyone could ever say is - wait a minute, we never made 006.
    Last edited by erratic50; 02-01-2018 at 04:23 AM.

The style with the fake bolts came on the GT. Since saleens started life as an LX, the trim your looking for is from a 84-86 LX. It doesn’t cover up the style with the fake bolts, it’s a entire different section of dash trim. Also the drivers side panel will be the one with the checkerboard pattern.
    Last edited by Lowetlx; 02-01-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Not all Saleens started as LX. Some started as GT. And some Saleens that started as LX got GT dash panels installed at DAP per the part numbers and instructions to install them in the remarks section of the assembly line build/broadcast sheet, as indicated by their dealer/domestic special order.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

There are always a few exceptions when it comes to Saleen cars. But the trim he is asking about is from an LX
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Not all Saleens started as LX. Some started as GT. And some Saleens that started as LX got GT dash panels installed at DAP per the part numbers and instructions to install them in the remarks section of the assembly line build/broadcast sheet, as indicated by their dealer/domestic special order.
    Name:  86145fordbuildsheet.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  70.3 KB
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....