Close

Anonymous

Default Vin Number Location

Well as many of you probably know me from my controversial Pace Car, I've been lead to do some research on this car, and I think after everything everyone has told me on this car, that it is not a real Pace Car. I have contacted the Auction Company and informed them about it not being a real Pace Car, and as we speak they are looking into this situation. I would like to have some more information concerning my car, so I can provide them with more evidence, as I believe the vin number has been taken off a real Pace Car and slapped on to my car and just painted the same colour scheme and seats put in. The VIN number on the door seems to have been painted over, and clear-coated so I believe the only way to get it is to scratch the paint off which I don't really wish to do, especially if the auction company takes it back. I would just like to know where on the frame it's stamped, and I'm sure a whole bunch of other places such as the rear-end. I have checked on the inner fender walls, but couldn't find anything there.

Thanks for your help,
    -Sam.

FEP Senior Member

Well If there isnt a buck tag on the radiator support or if its been switched. There is one more place I know of, underneath the driver side fender there is a little "tag" on the frame that should have the build number and a few other letters you can decode but of course all the pace car production numbers started with the number 48. But you have to take the fender loose. So good luck.

BLake