Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Love it!

Mike

This thing is looking sweet!

I noticed your back caliper brackets look to be off the GT, and not the Cobra. Did I miss something earlier on?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much guys!! Really appreciate the compliments. As for the brakes, I've went through a couple setups. First just doing a 5 lug swap with fox length axles and rear drums. Then went to sn95 V6/GT brakes all around, then kept rear gt stuff and cobra brakes up front.

I totally forgot to show you guys my paint job I sprayed on the car lol. My apologies! Pretty proud of this being my first time ever painting a car. Came out really good!

Of course I needed to wetsand, buff and polish everything. Looks awesome. I do have a little experience in that department.

Also did a little door panel refurb.

The door panel no longer has the gloss black lower piece where carpet was...It's now just black carpet.

Refinished all the trim and moldings using SEM Trim black....The silver GT was my attempt at painting the letters in the quarter moldings...I didn't like it that much so the whole molding is black again. Waiting on decals to fit in there just to have a more clean, exact finish instead of seeing paint lines etc.

Last edited by T-O-N-Y; 12-17-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Nice work! Everything looks really good! Congrats!

So any specific reason for the fiberglassed arm rests? Or just wanted to be different?
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

More detail on the door panels please. Mine look great, but they’re curled out at the bottom corners.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Nice work! Everything looks really good! Congrats!

So any specific reason for the fiberglassed arm rests? Or just wanted to be different?
    I've always loved the look of a matte black finish with gloss black here and there. So the plan is to add just a few gloss black pieces to the matte/satin black. Really looks good paired with the steering wheel...at least in person lol

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-N-Y View Post
    I've always loved the look of a matte black finish with gloss black here and there. So the plan is to add just a few gloss black pieces to the matte/satin black. Really looks good paired with the steering wheel...at least in person lol
    Cool!

No criticism here, just wondering. Looks good! I am in my custom yet, looks like a really nice OEM interior ideas right now.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by 83gt351w View Post
    More detail on the door panels please. Mine look great, but they’re curled out at the bottom corners.
    Just simply pulled all the staples around the old warped partical board crap and then you will have to grind down the stamped area that bonds the metal part of the panel to the board part..that seperates the panel into 2 pieces. Traced and cut out a pattern on new 1/4" mdf stuff with white moisture barrier. I used rivets to bond the panels back together. Then Restaple the vinyl back. Traced the old carpet piece to make another lower panel to attach plain black carpet too. That piece I just wrapped in carpet, then threw some power grab caulking on it to bond to the door panel...Sorry if confusing and I wish I had better documented the process as I've had lots of people ask about the process haha

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Cool!

No criticism here, just wondering. Looks good! I am in my custom yet, looks like a really nice OEM interior ideas right now.
    Appreciate it man. Once the rest of the interior is together I hope everything ties in together nicely...fingers crossed haha

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-N-Y View Post
    Appreciate it man. Once the rest of the interior is together I hope everything ties in together nicely...fingers crossed haha
    I completely understand that! Had a couple of ideas that sounded great in my head, but didn't look as good as I had hoped once installed. Oh well, just comes with doing things out of the ordinary.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

You've done a great job so far Tony. Looks great.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Quote Originally Posted by 85MUSTANGTGT View Post
    You've done a great job so far Tony. Looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber70Mach View Post
    That's looking really nice.
    Thanks guys appreciate it.

Here's a couple more shots just for the heck of it lol.

Shaved my wiper cowl hole for the wiper arm, I'll use Rainx before anyone asks lol. But I didn't want to have the fluid squirt and wiper arm hole in the cowl vent....really not much available that I liked as far as wiper cowl vents available....so I made my own out of 2.

I used a little plastic welding and some 3m plastic filler stuff I have here to bond and smooth everything.

Painted with SEM trim black. You look closely and you'll kinda see the area I plastic welded in lol. Not perfect but not bad at all. Good enough for me

That is amazing work it's a beautiful car. I love how the callipers stand out.

Your car looks Great!! Love the silver. Great job on the engine compartment too. It does look a lot cleaner without the wipers, I like it.Beautiful!
    Last edited by york0060; 12-19-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1971 Mustang
    1968 F100

Love it. I've wanted to do the wiper-less look, but without those wonky billet covers. Now I see how it looks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Man... want to come do all this to my car for free?

Seriously though, you’ve done an excellent job with every aspect and been so meticulous. Great job man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

Excellent work. How well did your “paint booth” work to prevent dust on your paint.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by cougman67 View Post
    Excellent work. How well did your “paint booth” work to prevent dust on your paint.

Patrick
    Pretty decent really. I've seen paint jobs at body shops before they're cut and buffed...I'd say this was about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 86MustangGtRob View Post
    That is amazing work it's a beautiful car. I love how the callipers stand out.
    Quote Originally Posted by york0060 View Post
    Your car looks Great!! Love the silver. Great job on the engine compartment too. It does look a lot cleaner without the wipers, I like it.Beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Love it. I've wanted to do the wiper-less look, but without those wonky billet covers. Now I see how it looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blownsob View Post
    Man... want to come do all this to my car for free?

Seriously though, you’ve done an excellent job with every aspect and been so meticulous. Great job man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Means a lot that you guys dig it!!

WOW! just beautiful, job well done
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

That cowl cover looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    WOW! just beautiful, job well done
    Quote Originally Posted by saleen428 View Post
    That cowl cover looks great!
    Thanks guys!

Nothing earth shattering, went to best buy and grabbed some audio. The plan is to build a rear seat delete that houses the amp and 12" sub. Then grab some kind of seats lol. I have no clue what seats I'm going to use yet but that'll pretty much wrap up this entire build.

Also finished painting my console black. The shifter nob looks great but I wasn't feeling that post piece under it...It's different now, just a simple jamb nut under it.

Last edited by T-O-N-Y; 12-20-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast