Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Nice looking build!

Looks a little bit familiar...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Autokraft did this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

On some of the Saleen / Brown race cars they widened the door shell to make the fender and quarter mods not obvious at all.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Autokraft did this
    Man that's gorgeous!

Top notch, outstanding and very tasteful work, inside and out. This shows what can be done at home with patience, a proper plan, and not rushing. Hard to reckon the finished car is the same one you began with, especially considering the rusted shock towers and other repairs it needed. The paint finish looks outstanding, the body, nose/rear cover and belt trims are perfect. The more I see this silver on your car and Erratic's Saleen build, the more I'm falling for it. I may do my next car in silver, or otherwise locate an Silver '85 GT to start with instead of the Jalapeno Red / Grey lower I have been wanting.

The interior, especially door panels and custom grab handles look exceptional in the photos. I would otherwise have thought the panels were brand new and the handles both off the shelf units. The same must be said about the choice in steering wheels, I really dig the one you chose. The engine and engine compartment both look phenomenal, especially with the custom panels to clean up all the holes that are there. Details to the K-frame shocks, suspension, driveline and underbody truly set the car off. Your choice of contrasting colors really tie the job together at key points, something not always seen on other builds.

How much did you change when re-building the motor? I saw the blue aluminum roller rockers and EFI Holley intake. Did you use a different cam, pistons, injectors or heads? If so, how did you deal with the speed density issues? Did you have a custom program 'burned', or is it otherwise the same computer and program as it came with OEM? I ask since dealing with engine mods on speed density cars always lead me to convert them to Mass Air. I struggled with my first speed density car and programming, only to end up changing it over to mass air in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Capri_85_5.0 View Post
    Top notch, outstanding and very tasteful work, inside and out. This shows what can be done at home with patience, a proper plan, and not rushing. Hard to reckon the finished car is the same one you began with, especially considering the rusted shock towers and other repairs it needed. The paint finish looks outstanding, the body, nose/rear cover and belt trims are perfect. The more I see this silver on your car and Erratic's Saleen build, the more I'm falling for it. I may do my next car in silver, or otherwise locate an Silver '85 GT to start with instead of the Jalapeno Red / Grey lower I have been wanting.

The interior, especially door panels and custom grab handles look exceptional in the photos. I would otherwise have thought the panels were brand new and the handles both off the shelf units. The same must be said about the choice in steering wheels, I really dig the one you chose. The engine and engine compartment both look phenomenal, especially with the custom panels to clean up all the holes that are there. Details to the K-frame shocks, suspension, driveline and underbody truly set the car off. Your choice of contrasting colors really tie the job together at key points, something not always seen on other builds.

How much did you change when re-building the motor? I saw the blue aluminum roller rockers and EFI Holley intake. Did you use a different cam, pistons, injectors or heads? If so, how did you deal with the speed density issues? Did you have a custom program 'burned', or is it otherwise the same computer and program as it came with OEM? I ask since dealing with engine mods on speed density cars always lead me to convert them to Mass Air. I struggled with my first speed density car and programming, only to end up changing it over to mass air in the end.
    Thanks a lot man, really appreciate the fact that you've noticed all the work I've put into this car. It's been a true labor of love. As for the engine...it's exactly what you see, just roller rockers and upper and lower intake. Never rebuilt heads or swapped them. If I were to go any further I'd swap to mass air for sure. All new gaskets, new timing chain and new oil pump. That's all I've done engine wise.

Been meaning to find this thread for awhile. As you know, looks great Tony!
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

As much as I love the 86 gt seats, I just couldn't really think of anything reasonable to do to get an all black vinyl 86 gt seat. The TMI kits seem to be pretty decent for cloth but haven't seen any vinyl kits that looked real clean on these seats, so I went with aftermarket. I have had sooo many racing seats that I couldn't bring myself to order another set of typical racing seats. Went with a classic muscle car seat...Lowback with large bolsters...great seats IMO.

Those seats look great!

Here's a black vinyl TMI kit for what it's worth. You have to get them from CJ Pony, and they are '87-93 pattern...

Name:  IMG_20130820_124835_499.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  418.7 KB

From CJ Pony in '85-86 pattern:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  22.9 KB
    Last edited by ZephyrEFI; 01-31-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Those seats look great!

Here's a black vinyl TMI kit for what it's worth. You have to get them from CJ Pony, and they are '87-93 pattern...

Name:  IMG_20130820_124835_499.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  418.7 KB

From CJ Pony in '85-86 pattern:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  22.9 KB
    Those examples look pretty clean. I was at a local swap meet in the fall and there were a couple sets of these seats with tmi kits on them...looked pretty bad to me in person. So I shied away from their vinyl kits. Just wasn't real confident that I'd be able to fit the covers much better.

I didn't get them perfect, but my car is "driver" quality anyway. Brand new seats would certainly be nice! They look really comfortable!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Been a while since my last update. Finished up the interior completely. Ordered a rear seat delete kit from Kdezines. It houses a 12" Pioneer sub as well as a 1000w Pioneer amp. Sounds absolutely perfect for me. Nice tight bass for hard rock All rear plastic refinished with SEM landou black and SEM low luster clear.

Also had all windows tinted, including windshield. 35% windshield 20% sides and rear.

Last edited by T-O-N-Y; 05-23-2019 at 07:57 AM.

The Mustang Looks AWESOME! Congrats on getting it finished.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Tony, that thing is SHARP!!! Very nice work there.

The cops wont hassle you with tint on windshield?
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    The Mustang Looks AWESOME! Congrats on getting it finished.
    Much appreciated sir!

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    Tony, that thing is SHARP!!! Very nice work there.

The cops wont hassle you with tint on windshield?
    Thank you! I'm sure at some point I'll get bothered by the police over the window tint. Just like not running a front plate, Stereo too loud, exhaust too loud...It's something local police don't spend a lot of time dealing with, but will from time to time

She's a work of art!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Supporter

Great results!

I like the look without wipers and the whole package is outstanding!
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    She's a work of art!
    Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Great results!

I like the look without wipers and the whole package is outstanding!
    Thanks guys

Great looking car man! Excellent work!
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic G.T.350 View Post
    Great looking car man! Excellent work!
    Thank you

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345