Close

FEP Member

Default Four-eye GT 5.0 5sp w/t tops

Hi guys, still looking for a replacement to my old '86. I really want a t-top car, but would consider a convertible or solid roof, either hatch or coupe. I'm willing to pay $4-5k for good driver, or up to $7k for a pretty nice car. I am a fairly skilled mechanic who doesn't mind mechanical issues, provided the car is the right price. I would prefer to buy semi-local, but can travel for the right car.

Needs: No structural rust. No chopped up sketchy ex-drag cars. No aftermarket sunroofs. Must be a stick car with a V8 of some sort. Any of the '86 or earlier noses are fine, no '87+.

Wants: Strongly prefer '86 or '85, but earlier is ok, strongly prefer t-tops, strongly prefer it to be an air conditioning car. A/C doesn't have to function, I just really don't want to have to track down and install the dashboard parts. Prefer tan/gray/black cloth for the interior. Not a huge fan of black paint, as summers in southeast NC are rough. For the right car, these are not dealbreakers.

Other: Most mechanical mods are fine. Engine modifications, chassis stiffening, steering/suspension upgrades, etc. Prefer stock-ish exterior. Wheels, tint, exhaust, lowering is fine. Not a fan of cowl hoods over a couple inches or most aftermarket spoilers, but they aren't dealbreakers.

Thank you
    '86 Mustang GT T-top. GT40P swap, Maximum Motorsports subframe/coilovers, MGW shifter
    (RIP) '86 Mustang GT, T-top. Cipher's old car
    '91 Wrangler. 4.0, 5 speed, 8.8 swapped, locked, lifted, caged
    -Steve

FEP Member

Have sent a PM

FEP Member

Reply sent. Beautiful car, but above my current budget.
    '86 Mustang GT T-top. GT40P swap, Maximum Motorsports subframe/coilovers, MGW shifter
    -Steve

i may be interested if you want to send pics and info. thanks.

FEP Member

Mods, please close thread. Deal has been made
    -Steve