I´m sick... I know... but couldn't let this one pass...

Just bought a 1981 Mustang Coupe (hardtop in Mexico) to complete my Fox Body collection, since I already had the 81 hatch and 83 vert... why not?

This car belonged to a collector who has two other Fox Bodies, and he decided to let it go to make room in his garage for a 65 Fastback his about to complete restoring. He rarely drives his car but keeps them in great condition.

Car is a Mexican 1981 coupe hardtop (base trim, no power windows or locks) with only 20k Kilometers, second owner since the late 80s, original paint, all original engine (5.0 V. Interior has been re-done a long time ago with the upholstery from a Grand Marquis / LTD Crown Vic (seats and headliner) which look very good.

It only needs some minor detailing in the black molding section of both bumper covers and a new hood emblem. It drives like a brand new 81 Mustang, very comfy. Color is 3L Midnight Blue Metallic with medium blue interior, I love both interior and exterior colors.

It took some "arm twisting" to convince the seller to let it go (he genuinely loves his cars and is an elder very gentle person) but I promised him to become a great guardian of the car and to continue preserving it.

Here are some pics of this beauty:
Name:  IMG_1352.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  153.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1353.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  99.7 KBName:  IMG_1355.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  140.8 KB