Close

Default Calling All Midwest Cougars....and ALL Four Eye's! Spring Fling May 18-19, 2018

The Indiana Shelby Club is hosting it's 41st Annual Shelby Spring Fling, and this year I am happy to announce the C.A.T.S. Classic Cougar Club is converging on our event! As a Board Member for the club, it is ALWAYS my desire to see as many Four Eye's in attendance as possible, but rest assured this is an ALL FORD event, so whether your car is 50+ years old, or less than a year come on out.

The show is held in scenic Brown County State Park in Nashville, IN. This is a great, family friendly weekend with a Pony Trail car cruise on Friday, with show and dinner banquet on Saturday. This show brings the classic Shelby's out of the woodwork to the tune of 40+ examples, as well as an AC Cobra or two, Saleens, Roush, Tigers and usually 2-3 examples of 7 figure (and one 8 figure) car! And this year I am happy to announce we will see the first 2017 Ford GT sold in Indiana! Check out www.insaac.org for more details.

As always, I hope to meet some fellow FEP'rs in Brown County this May!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Hmmm....I might have to see if I am available. I’m up for another road trip.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

That's the spirit!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Looks like a great event Jason. I'll wait to see what Mark's flyer says about his Cougar Club being there friend.

Registration went live yesterday. www.insaac.org
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Whats the chance of rain? Maybe ill make it down but I've said that the past couple years

With rain it either will or it will not. Glad our foxes aren't made of sugar as they would melt.

Looks like a good event. My wife just had a knee replacement so depending on recovery time she may be up for a road trip.
    84 Cougar, 90 HO with 700DP, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1.7 RRs, shorty's and SS exh, T-5, KC clutch, Hurst pro billet, line loc, 8.8, 4.10s, suspension mods....blah, blah,blah.

71 Comet, 289, Liberty TL, 9", 6.00s, 11.9x @ 112.... blah, blah, blah.

As for rain, it is May in Indiana so there is always a chance. The past two years have been the most rain I have ever experienced at the Spring Fling in 15 years. However that did not deter the quality of cars at the event nor the fun we had. We had a $16M AC Cobra "Dragon Snake" show up in the rain two years ago, and have had several 7-figure cars show up and get rained on that past two years. However neither year was a wash-out with the clouds breaking and giving us an afternoon of sunshine. So....don't let a little rain deter you, as said above they are not made of sugar

If you want me to lay down a probability, based on the past two years I'd say there is a 75-85% chance of sunshine this year but there is a 100% chance of a damn good time and seeing some awesome cars.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

One of these days I'm going to convince some of you Midwest/Central region guys & gals to come out to this wonderful event! For the first time that I can recall since my first trip in 2005, we had more Four Eyes than Aero cars....6 to 5. Sorry I can't post pics at the moment due to some quota rule and of course lame a$$ Photobucket We also ended up with 6 classic Cougars from the CATS club. Mother Nature tried to deter us once again for the third year in a row, but we prevailed with mostly dry conditions and ~200 cars. Oh yeah...and I got the ride of a lifetime in a brand new Ford GT, with an owner that knows how to drive!!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Sounds like a good time! Bumping this thread sooner might have reminded me of what I'm missing but it wouldn't have mattered. Just too stinking busy this year with trying to get the house ready to sell and chasing parts for the 85 build and prepping for a move.

Now if my pulling truck would just behave itself.... ARG.