Close

Default 1985 LX Gas and injector questions

The 85 lx has a CFI. It seems like the injectors could use a cleaning. I will run some seafoam through it, but I think I would like to remove the injectors and really clean them (or have them serviced?). What is the suggested method to clean injectors for CFI?

Also, what fuel should I run in this engine? Does ethanol fuel cause an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Name:  IMG_1392.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  155.9 KBName:  IMG_1394.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  108.4 KBi recently had an issue with my 3.8 running badly (hesitating, stumbling) after running her for a while, shutting down, and starting again. One of the posts here gave me the answer. It turned out to be the gasket between the CFI and the manifold would get hot and develop a vacuum leak. Ordered a new one and when I took the CFI off I found the underside was FILLED with carbon. Turns out that the PCV valve vents there and recirculates gases from the valve covers. I scraped all the carbon out and used carb cleaner spray to make everything nice and clean. Took the line from the PcV valve and cleaned it as well. put it all back together and took a long cruise (top down of course, gorgeous summer day in Virginia). Turned the car off, waited a bit, started back up and she runs like a top!
    Last edited by Coffeejoejava; 06-03-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Picture