Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The Ranger looked like that first. In fairness.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I'm still waiting for the "build one" option to pop up on Ford's website. I can configure a new F150 exactly the way I want for like $33k (finding it in that spec is a different story). I'm curious to see how I can option a Ranger.
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    The Ranger looked like that first. In fairness.

Showin em and Sellin em are 2 different things.

If it's first how come I can't buy a new Ranger yet the new Colorado's including diesel powered Colorado's have been available all model year and are everywhere????
    Last edited by vintageracer; 07-13-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by NY5speed View Post
    I'm still waiting for the "build one" option to pop up on Ford's website. I can configure a new F150 exactly the way I want for like $33k (finding it in that spec is a different story). I'm curious to see how I can option a Ranger.
    How do you have the "build" set up?
    2015 F350 6.7 CCLB Platinum
    2008 Taurus 3.5
    1997 F250 7.3 RCLB ZF5
    1985 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0/T5
    1968 Pontiac LeMans 400/ST-300

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    Showin em and Sellin em are 2 different things.

If it's first how come I can't buy a new Ranger yet the new Colorado's including diesel powered Colorado's have been available all model year and are everywhere????
    Why has Ford been making any of the stupid decisions it's been making lately?

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Default Nobody minding the store?

I live about 1/2hr drive from the new plant. Drive past Ford buildings almost every day.
    Constantly changing more than ever. Company division offices moving here then there.
    New offices popping all over. Has to be disrupting being in flux all the time.

Fuel has gone up just like before. Demand may be opposite new product again.
    New buildings, new people. The learning curve of mgmt. The old guard is retired or soon to be. Gave up.
    The saying "haste makes waste" is valid more than ever. Almost all mgmt now a days do not give a dam about that.

There are two assy plants there. At the time, Wayne Assy for cars, Michigan Truck for, well...
    Now they change up product so much, one of the buildings is always empty ready for new tooling of next product.
    What really got me is how much shipping was for a Focus to a Ford dealer across the street from the Wayne MI plant.
    1000.00. Come on. All they do is drive the car across the street! Used to be: closer to plant=less cost to ship.
    Calif buyers always took the hit. Now locals do. The ones who support and may work at the plant.

Pretty good article on :
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...assembly-plant

I truly feel for many lower mgmt i have worked for, and know more are out there. Workplace bias.
    Are not of the type who brown nose their way up by choice, but try to earn the way thru honest work and attitude.
    Great sharp good people with total knowledge of product, whats needed, situation, but cuffed by upper mgmt.
    Uppers who have the big resume and school names. Master of nothing. Masters of deception and blowing smoke.
    They will chop anyone on to them, threatens their overpaid job position and big shot lifestyle, because they can.
    Last edited by gr79; 07-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.

No manual trans. Pass. I will be keeping my little 2.3 5 speed that returns 27 MPG every single tank. Seems like we are going backwards based on those Colorado pictures someone posted. 17 MPG???? I wrote a check for it when I bought it. Doubt I can do that with a new one. I also turned off the chime as soon as I got it home as someone else above mentioned. Instructions are right in the owner's manual. And YES I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time without fail. I just don't need my car telling me what I need to do.
    EDIT: Just now took the time to read all the replies. WOW is about all I have to say. We are nearly ALL on the same page. How come Ford totally missed the target? I find it odd that everyone in this thread has the same things to say and the truck Ford is giving us is not it. What focus groups are they talking to I wonder? I would think the average person on here would be exactly the target buyer for it. Don't want it for primary family hauling daily transportation, prefer a manual, prefer simple with limited options. Want a truck when they NEED a truck which is not all the time and expect cheap to buy, insure and maintain. I haven't actually checked it in a while but I'm pretty sure my '84 5.0 would return 17 MPG in daily driving. That is seriously disappointing.
    Last edited by homer302; 07-13-2018 at 07:15 PM.

They probably just brought the Ranger back because it's easier to make a profit on it than it is on a Focus. It's a placeholder. Something they can build in the US to keep the union happy, but easier to profit on. Everything else about it is inconsequential. Whether it garners good will because they are "finally listening to the people who've been calling for the Ranger to return for years"... Whether or not it's even appealing enough to sell in decent numbers... None of that matters to them. Hell, if it doesn't sell, they have an excuse to close down yet another US plant!

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    No manual trans. Pass. I will be keeping my little 2.3 5 speed that returns 27 MPG every single tank. Seems like we are going backwards based on those Colorado pictures someone posted. 17 MPG???? I wrote a check for it when I bought it. Doubt I can do that with a new one. I also turned off the chime as soon as I got it home as someone else above mentioned. Instructions are right in the owner's manual. And YES I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time without fail. I just don't need my car telling me what I need to do.
    EDIT: Just now took the time to read all the replies. WOW is about all I have to say. We are nearly ALL on the same page. How come Ford totally missed the target? I find it odd that everyone in this thread has the same things to say and the truck Ford is giving us is not it. What focus groups are they talking to I wonder? I would think the average person on here would be exactly the target buyer for it. Don't want it for primary family hauling daily transportation, prefer a manual, prefer simple with limited options. Want a truck when they NEED a truck which is not all the time and expect cheap to buy, insure and maintain. I haven't actually checked it in a while but I'm pretty sure my '84 5.0 would return 17 MPG in daily driving. That is seriously disappointing.
    This. My 5.0 liter v-8 gets 19mpg city with 4 gears, not 10.

I'd like to think in the last 35 years trucks could eclipse the city mileage of an old car on the freeway without issue.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

What is the SINGLE product model that defines the total Ford product line and the one model for which Ford is known in today's market?

THE F150 TRUCK!

The new Ranger is a TRUCK. Good for Ford

The Focus/Fusion/Taurus is a CAR. Bad for Ford

When you have evolved your market "Focus" over the years to "Focus" on a particular product line that's what you will be viewed as in the marketplace by consumers.

Ford is NOW and HAS BEEN for many years a TRUCK company that happens to build and sell a few cars. Time to get rid of the cars and do what Ford does best.

BUILD TRUCKS!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 07-14-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
    This. My 5.0 liter v-8 gets 19mpg city with 4 gears, not 10.

I'd like to think in the last 35 years trucks could eclipse the city mileage of an old car on the freeway without issue.
    I'm sure that's why the Ranger will not have a V6. It'll be interesting to see if the thing even has decent acceleration. Not that that's a huge priority for truck buyers. Although I'm sure the fact that the EcoBoost F150 hauls ass played no small part in it's success.

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I will keep my base model 94 for as long as I can. I get good gas mileage for an automatic and use it as a daily driver and parts chaser. Oh and the best thing about it is that it paid for

Default Pico

My daily driver with 98k miles on it. Great little truck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by boogiestang View Post
    My daily driver with 98k miles on it. Great little truck
    Sweet Ranger! I like those wheels on it too......

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Was at an annual swap meet/car show this afternoon.
    F-series pickups were featured this year.

Old and newer F (and Ranger) without glitz and with the right contents can be nice rides.
    When pic of the older F was taken, did not realize a newer F was in background.
    Attachment 122192Attachment 122193Attachment 122194Attachment 122195Attachment 122196

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    What is the SINGLE product model that defines the total Ford product line and the one model for which Ford is known in today's market?

THE F150 TRUCK!

The new Ranger is a TRUCK. Good for Ford

The Focus/Fusion/Taurus is a CAR. Bad for Ford

When you have evolved your market "Focus" over the years to "Focus" on a particular product line that's what you will be viewed as in the marketplace by consumers.

Ford is NOW and HAS BEEN for many years a TRUCK company that happens to build and sell a few cars. Time to get rid of the cars and do what Ford does best.

BUILD TRUCKS!
    Amen.

It all went down hill when the 49-er came out. The turnpike cruisers are the four box "full width styling, cars with trunks" whichwhere developed for the Jet Age. Tecnically, Studebaker did the four box car with full width styling,and from 1947 to 2017, the seventy years were a time of less ground clearance, increased width and a time where you could hide the dead bodies in the trunk.

Time to get back to proper multi use vehicles that you can take anywhere.

Though, a Stang is the perfect combination of proper urban and interstate cruising, the gap is open for a proper Model A and non V8 Model B style truck. The Ranger is that. Welcome back to it!

I am glad to see it back. Only drivetrain options mentioned so far is the 2.3EB + 10sp auto which might be interesting. I am hoping for a 2wd, regular cab option (stick would be nice but I won't count on it). There seems to be a Raptor version in the works. I am still hoping Ford brings back the Lightning at some point, but a Lightning Bolt based on the Ranger could be fun too....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a14783721/2019-ford-ranger-debut-release-date-specs/

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...g-bolt-ranger/
    When does the Hella Goodie four door, 5 liter V8 BOSS option come out?

Quote Originally Posted by James2488 View Post
    How do you have the "build" set up?
    Simple: Basically the new version of my 88. Reg cab, short bed, V8, 2wd, tow package, 3.55 LSD, sport apperance package (I don't like chrome) and like one or two levels up on the interior whatever that was.
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

Back then used to be: base, XL, XLS, and XLT. Plus STX and Ranger GT. Later 90's Sport, Splash.
    XLS was the sport version. Blackout bumpers, full gauges, buckets.

Longer Ranger 7' bed is very versatile. Of course Ford quit offering it.
    Added E-track and tie down hooks, truck box for stuff the cab is not for.
    Has hauled pea gravel, the 7' couch, 42" tv, Mustang's engine, 4' picnic table, plywood, 12' PVC.
    Tires, old oil, lawn tractor, bicycles, water heaters, firewood, as well as a full size does.
    Have tilted the bed up like a dump truck to replace the fuel filler neck.
    Would like to have that as a permanent option.

Always thought a truck bed tent or pop up camper would be cool to do.
    Ranger as a mini rv.

Standard 2wd Ranger bed is a good height for loading, about waist high.
    Stood behind a F-350 4wd yesterday. Tailgate top was at least 5.5', bed 4' off ground.
    No wonder Ford offers built in tailgate ladders. Need a crane to load that truck.
    Bed caps offer SUV type shelter and lock for load, not convenient to remove and store.
    Fold up hard bed covers work well.
    Vinyl shrinks when cold, sometimes works loose and flaps in the wind.
    Last edited by gr79; 07-16-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Default T6 2019 Ranger

24,300.00 XL 28k for XLT, 32 for Lariat 2wd
    Only config is 4cyl 2.3 ecoboost auto start-stop, 10 speed auto.
    No regular cab. 6', 5' box. 1' longer than prior Ranger. Est weight 4000#+
    On the site, loaded up a Lariat 4x4 crewcab 5' box FX4, 3.73 lock, etc. Game:
    How high can you spec it?
    I scored $46,385.00.

Here ya go:
    https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger/#...RWD.44U.XL.%5D

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...oma/984168002/

Drove past Michigan Truck this evening.
    2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab FX4.
    Was told line will start running regular production Monday Nov 26.
    Attachment 125140Attachment 125141Attachment 125142Attachment 125143Attachment 125144

Default 2019 Ranger

No interior pics. Too much glare from display spotlights.
    Full boxed frame, full rear wheel well liners. Small box.
    Wheel well lip moldings nicely done.
    Rear window is about 1' tall, even with top of rear seats. Looks small from inside.
    Dash and interior very nicely done. Like a mini F series.
    Doors still have wide window sill for resting arm like prior Ranger did.
    Has parking brake in console like Mustang.
    Not a fan of the trendy dark tinted windows that cut visibility. Should be an option.

Attachment 125145Attachment 125146Attachment 125147Attachment 125148Attachment 125149
    Last edited by gr79; 11-22-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Last batch. Saber is a decent color in person. Oxford White carries on. Crew Cab sure kills bed space.
    A regular cab or poss. super cab would have more utility. Why haul all those seats if not used? More HD car than pickup?
    Did the Explorer Sport Trac, which looks the same config, sell that well?
    Attachment 125150Attachment 125151Attachment 125152Attachment 125153Attachment 125154

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast