Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
Tapping the holes and threaded oil galley plugs are the absolute best answer, but not so much to do so after an engine is together... unless extremely careful with where the tapping operation shavings go... as in, NOT get into or remain in the engine anywhere. Years ago I removed all the pressed in rocker studs from the pair of '72 302 heads I was running, because one stud that hadn't been suspect when checking them all earlier ended up beginning to pull out later, and so I tapped for and installed 3/8 screw-in rocker studs and used Chevy rocker balls and nuts with the Ford rail rockers, after having rebuilt the engine a few thousand miles before that, and very, VERY carefully ensured that none of the iron shavings went down into the heads' coolant passages (stud rocker holes go into coolant) or were left to wander around the cylinder head tops...Good luck with it.
Well, I was able to get all three oil passages tapped and plugged with the engine still in the car. It turned out perfectly, and now have 60 psi of oil pressure at around 1400 rpm on the distributor. Turned out better than I hoped.

Name:  20180120_125709_resized.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  116.4 KB

I got everything back together today, and even swapped out my brand new rack assembly that leaked new out of the box. Now, the only issue.... no spark. I checked everything 3 times, and its all connected perfectly. I hooked my timing light up, and no spark with it connected. Swapped the coil, same thing. My MSD has its light on like it should. I am thinking that my ignition module went south. I got the distributor used from a friend with this module on it, so I have no idea of its history. I do know that it looks very old. As I crank the engine over, randomly I'll get some sound of ignition on the intake side (like a pop inside of the intake), but very rarely. No matter what, I get no light on my timing light as I crank, so no spark to the wires.

I pulled the distributor to pull the front of the engine apart, but other than that, I haven't done anything that would cause the module to go south. I have good fuel pressure, voltage at the coil, and no spark at all.

Anyone have a module just go south out of the blue, or do they typically act up intermittently? It was running pretty rough when it last ran, so maybe it was acting up then as well.