Close

Default Window guide bushings

So I pulled the window motor, rebuilt it, haven’t reinstalled yet, as I’m replacing the guide bushings. Is there a trick to getting that %^#*ing guide rod back in? Holy cow, fellas, it acts as if I bent it. Goes through the top guide, and just won’t go through the bottom. Absolute most hilarious part was the lmr video, where the guy did it in a minute and a half. Any input would be appreciated. This thing is driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 83gt351w View Post
    So I pulled the window motor, rebuilt it, haven’t reinstalled yet, as I’m replacing the guide bushings. Is there a trick to getting that %^#*ing guide rod back in? Holy cow, fellas, it acts as if I bent it. Goes through the top guide, and just won’t go through the bottom. Absolute most hilarious part was the lmr video, where the guy did it in a minute and a half. Any input would be appreciated. This thing is driving me crazy.

All those LMR vids make everything look like a piece of cake. The guide bar is a bitch to get back into place. Pry open the top of the door with a plastic mallet while you wiggle the guide bar into place.

+1 on the mallet handle. Still a pain, but helps...some. If you can get someone to pry open the top of the door while you wrestle the guide rod, that helps too.