Close

Default What did you do to your four eyed fox today 2018

Another year another thread

Having to notch motor mount on driver's side to fit block and dip stick . Don't really want to remove that much metal just for dip stick. Dip stick is canton universal. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nothing...well, I did register my 82 GT for "The 55" indoor display at Ponies In The Smokies.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    Having to notch motor mount on driver's side to fit block and dip stick . Don't really want to remove that much metal just for dip stick. Dip stick is canton universal. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Is it possible to put a bend in the dipstick tube to better clear the motor mount. Maybe using a brake/fuel line bender to put a gentle curve that either clears the mount completely or just enough so that you can only slightly notch the mount?

The another option might be a universal flexible dipstick such as LOkar. http://lokar.com/catalog/#page=77

The last option might be to plug the Canton oil pan and use the stock block hole location and a Lokar dipstick. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I finally got the pace car fired up with the new 331. Had to fix 2 fuel leaks at the carburetor and an oil leak at valve cover. Having issues with timing and of course I had a couple plug wires wrong... even after checking and rechecking. I've been working on it late at night recently, due to having too much going on. But despite all the issues (plug wires, timing, leaks, coolant temp gauge not working, starter relay trigger wire went dead for some reason, new fan controller not working) it fired up on the first try. Will be another month before I can start working the bugs out. I go back out on the river tomorrow. When I get back, I'm planning on swapping in an 8.8 rear, fixing all the bugs, and then getting it in the paint shop.

FEP Senior Member

I finished up the touch-up painting on my engine bay. I removed the a/c holes in the firewall since the car won't have a/c wit the new V8 going in. I have a couple areas that I would do more on if I go back to it, but for now it's enough to start assembly on the car to get ready for Spring.

Attachment 118201