Close

Default Factory Numbered Mustangs?

I would like to know if there were any factory Ford Mustangs that were numbered - like #5 of #300. Not shelbys, or aftermarket predators or saleens. The 50th anniversary limited edition Mustangs are numbered #xxx of #1964. Are there any others? Thanks for the forums help!

No Foxes were numbered from the factory.

Ford Performance Group will assign a "number" to SVOs on the owner certificates and Ford Special Vehicle Team will do the same for 1993 Cobras. Although I question how they came up with those numbers after the fact (after production).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I believe the 2001 and 2008 Bullitt's were serialized. Other than that (and Shelby's or SVT) I can't think of any?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FEP Senior Member

The Woodward Dream Cars were numbered, 12-13 Boss 302's, the 84 GT 350 trying to think of more...

Were the 1979 Pace Cars not serialized? Or were they just "numbered" based on their VIN sequence? Also I THINK the '94 Cobras Pace Cars were given a serial number now that I think of it?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

G.T.350s were "numbered" not from the factory but rather the owner had to mail in their info and then a plaque with their name and a number was returned. Whether the number on the plaque was the sequence in which the plaques were requested OR the order in which the cars were produced, which I again question how they know this, has yet to be answered.

Pace Cars were not numbered. When someone says "#1234" they're just taking the last four of the VIN, and in 1979 there would be two #1234 because they were produced at two plants and each plant had their own sequence.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags