Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New User

Default 1982 Mercury Capri Black Magic

Owned this Merc since 1991 and had many years of fun with it. However, I'll never get to bring this special vehicle back into the condition it deserves. Just too many health issues. 5.0 HO 4speed 7.5 trackloc T-top car. Has 84 5.0 block with lots of nice stuff in it. T5 trans and 8.8 trackloc with 3:55s, the usual suspension mods, and weld-in frame connectors. Car was repainted gray with blue flames many years ago. Have all the BM stuff except wheels and license plate frame. Plus, new original seat insert gold cloth and repro vinyl to do all seats. Will post pics tomorrow. Don't miss a chance to acquire this rare little bit of Dearborn history. Best offer over $4000.00. Not a new member here just been away dealing with life's tragedies for the last several years. Located in eastern Washington state. PM me for more info.
    Last edited by captain trips; 01-03-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: correction

Drivable to Portland? Rhetorical question pending pics. Trades?

Mike

My Dream Capri! Can't wait to see pictures!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Full location (city and state) required

I don't know where you got your production information from but CF62XXXX is not even close to being the first BM.
    Last edited by wraithracing; 07-31-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Remove VIN per New Owner
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

New User

not quite a driver yet. needs spring pockets machined on heads and new cam and lifters and a carb.

New User

Saint John, WA

New User

never said it was the first BM ever produced. Did say that it was first produced and sold in 82. Some many years ago came across the production number series for BMs from Mercury. It stated that the production numbers for the 82 BMs started with 62XXXX. After Looking at the registry, however, that couldn't possibly be correct so I changed the info to delete that statement. Hope that clears it up enough for you
    Last edited by wraithracing; 07-31-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Remove VIN per New Owner

New User

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Drivable to Portland? Rhetorical question pending pics. Trades?

Mike
    Oh yeah. can't take any trades at this time unless it is a partial trade with cash added at your end.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I don't know where you got your production information from but CF625000 is not even close to being the first BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by captain trips View Post
    never said it was the first BM ever produced. Did say that it was first produced and sold in 82. Some many years ago came across the production number series for BMs from Mercury. It stated that the production numbers for the 82 BMs started with 62XXXX. After Looking at the registry, however, that couldn't possibly be correct so I changed the info to delete that statement. Hope that clears it up enough for you
    The "C" in CF62XXXX is 1982.
    Last edited by wraithracing; 07-31-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Remove VIN per New Owner
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

338 miles. Pictures?

Mike

New User

Mike, waiting for camera battery to charge. should have several pics posted in the next few hours

New User

heres a couple of preliminary photos for now. will take more detailed photos of everything else later todayName:  0104181139.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  93.0 KBName:  0104181140.jpg
Views: 1750
Size:  100.6 KBName:  0104181139a.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  111.5 KB

Pics?
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    Pics?
    Holy crap I haven't seen you around in some time! You still rocking that '83 GT I sold you ~5yrs ago?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Yes sir! Pony wheels with new tires, new battery and new ignition box (old one gave up) and subframe connectors, but yes. Still rocking the 83 GT!

$6,000 worth of motor parts to go on it, but I've decided to preserve the drivetrain so it could be put back some day. Shopping for a new shortblock now.

I decided to go back to school about 3 years ago so I haven't been online much except for school. Hope to finish in a few months though, so I thought I'd start getting ready!

Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

... a new Capri would make me a great graduation present! LOL

Sweet! Email me pics & updates...would love to see what you do with it. sowaxeman AT jdsaleen DOT com
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

New User

82 BM Capri still available for sale. Don't have time or money to finish and don't want it to rot away either! Fire Sale price is $2000.00 cash OBO!

heres a couple of preliminary photos for now. will take more detailed photos of everything else later today
    82 BM Capri still available for sale. Don't have time or money to finish and don't want it to rot away either! Fire Sale price is $2000.00 cash OBO!
    More detailed photos?

Mike

[QUOTE=4-barrel Mike;1880077]More detailed photos?

agreed..
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

New User

more pics in about 1/2 hour.

New User

ok here we go
    Attached Images Attached Images      

New User

more pics

New User

and more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast