Close

Thread: Wiring Tucking

Default Wiring Tucking

Hello everyone and happy New Years! I know there is a lot of people doing write-ups on wire tucking I've noticed that they're all for EFI cars I'm looking for one for a carbureted car if anybody has a good write-up like to get rid of the vacuum tree. I don't have a c and plan on keeping the heater and I have no smog on the car whatsoever. So I'm looking for a good write-up and picks for someone that's done wire tuck on a carbureted car. I'm new to the wiring aspect of the car so please help thank you and hope to talk to you guys soon
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

Blog Entries

What year is this? I know on my no options '83 the only vacuum line i have is for the brake booster. I'm not even running a distributor advance. I just did a wire tuck, but I also moved the battery, built a new headlight harness with relays, swapped to a MSDAL2, and basically threw 90% of the factory wiring away. I'm not sure how in depth you are going to get.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Tucking the wires requires a lot of cutting and splicing to truly hide them. Because you need to lengthen them to go down or run out side of the engine compartment. I do recall someone saying once that he harness is long enough from the factory to tuck the in but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Tucking the wires requires a lot of cutting and splicing to truly hide them. Because you need to lengthen them to go down or run out side of the engine compartment. I do recall someone saying once that he harness is long enough from the factory to tuck the in but I doubt it.
    I've done wire tucks on several cars and never had to cut any wires. If you remove the wiring from the factory loom and re wrap with a good tape it will also reduce the diameter of the wires and allow them to tuck easer.
    1986 GT T Top- stock except for magnaflow cat back
    1990 LX vert- 500hp V3 and all that stuff
    2013 GT- usual bolt ons

It's for a 82 Capri 5.0 brianj
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class