Close

Default "History 999 report"

I ordered my 999 report on 3/29/03 and I got it today 4/8/03.
    The only thing is:
    All SVO's came with 225/50/16 tires and either cloth or leather seats.

Well this shows 205/55/16 tires and cloth/vinyl seats. Weird.
    Either Ford sent me a misprint or......................

I'd post a picture but I am not sure how to do that.
    E-mail me if you know how or just want to see it.

dvcrogers@yahoo.com

History 999 Reports are far from impeccable.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I got mine and it seemed on track, but there was maybe one omission. It would be nice if Ford would just copy or print out your original build order or sheet and send it. At least that would be a REAL document and not just something somebody copied badly. But for some reason it seems...or at least I hear people say that Ford is being really tight assed over these documents and build numbers and such.

Maybe they're afraid that if all the build info gets out, somebody may see some discrepancies in their business...or maybe they are just worried about some kind of fraud. Or maybe they just plain suck.

-Mike

There is also an issue with "Executaive(sp?) Order Vehicles" which had NO restrictions on options of any kind. I have seen 2 such vehicles myself.

Here is Ford's answer to my weird "999" report.

Dear David,

Thank you for your message of 04/9/03 regarding your 1984 Ford Mustang.
    We appreciate the time you have taken to write us in order to confirm
    the information provided to you in the build sheet you received for
    this
    vehicle.

It is always a pleasure corresponding with such a loyal member of the
    Ford Family. We appreciate your recent e-mail.

In an effort to assist you, we have double checked the information on
    the build sheet, and discovered that the tire information is correct,
    with tire code 21. However, the interior trim should have read cloth
    not cloth/vinyl. The appropriate correction will be made and another
    copy of the Build Sheet will be mailed to you within approximately 2 to
    3 weeks.

We hope that this information is of assistance to you as we are
    committed to maintaining a long standing business relationship with
    you.

At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as
    one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries
    or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to
    address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
    Lenica
    Ford Motor Company
    Customer Relationship Center

Quote Originally Posted by thebeast
    In an effort to assist you, we have double checked the information on the build sheet, and discovered that the tire information is correct, with tire code 21. However, the interior trim should have read cloth not cloth/vinyl. The appropriate correction will be made and another copy of the Build Sheet will be mailed to you within approximately 2 to 3 weeks.

So which is incorrect; the History 999 report or the build sheet or both?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

blkwiddo

Quote Originally Posted by thebeast
    There is also an issue with "Executaive(sp?) Order Vehicles" which had NO restrictions on options of any kind. I have seen 2 such vehicles myself.
    I wonder if this was the case w/my car. I have a 79 RS Turbo TRX, & from the info I got off of another website, my car is all wrong. According to "an unauthorized history of Capris in North America" on the Capri Club of Chicago website, the RS trim package in 79 had the following features:
    RS decals, blackout trim, dual mirrors, chrome exhaust tips, hood scoop, low-back bucket seats w/cloth centers (leather option), premium sound system w/8-track (haha), moon roof, rear window wiper, rear defogger, & power locks.

I only have about 1/2 of this stuff. I have all-vinyl seats w/no cloth centers, no moon roof, no power locks, and no rear wiper. Also, the color scheme on my car is black w/green accents, which appears to be an odd combo. I have no clue if it originally came with an 8-track or chrome exhaust tips. Anyone have any insight into the wierdness of my car?

Default Foxchassis

The "build sheet" they are refereing to is the "999" report. Thats what they reviewed. So, I am assume they just have thier info wrong in the database.

86 50CPRI

Dont know if this helps,but...approx 6 months ago on Turboford there was a guy who was buying a 'new' SVO.I say new because the car had NEVER been registered,it sat in a dealers showroom its entire life,and barely had any miles on it.There was a picture of the window sticker,which reflected 225/55/16 Gatorback tires.I think there was a picture of the tires,too.The car was BEAUTIFUL!Brought new meaning to 'like new',because the interior was perfect!

It was this car that convinced me I needed 225/55's for my Snowflake wheels on my Capri,to keep the speedo somewhat accurate.