Close

Thread: Junkyards..

New User

Default Junkyards..

Or, more correctly--AUTOMOTIVE DISMANTLING AND RECYCLING CENTERS--
    As our Fox-bodies get older, they seem to be disappearing from the yards-at least my local yard. I went yesterday, and they had only 2 Fox-bodies. Really poor for picking.
    So, in an effort to help out fellow fox- Mustangers....Please post the really good yards where they still have inventories of Fox Mustangs. Maybe even list what they specialize in...

For me, I am looking for good yards in the Gettysburg, PA, Westminster, MD, York, PA and Baltimore, MD area. Looking for good prices, and mostly interior stuff.

RPilgrim. I am in Duncannon just north of Harrisburg. I don't know of any off hand but I wouldn't mind finding a few to scrounge around in.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Up here in the southeastern part of Massachusetts near Cape Cod, there's no fox bodies left. I've been hitting them all up for 30 years and anything older than 10 years old is now gone because when the price of scrap metal rises, they clear out all of their old inventory. For me, going to a junkyard is a thing of the past and it bums me out.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

The yards around me in NE Florida usually have one or two. Actually found a use-able cowl last Friday.
    Another yard had a set of 10-holes but they wanted $140 and I thought it would be unwise to spend that much on myself right before Christmas.

I've run into exactly the situation Pete mentioned. I haven't seen a fox body in the yards for quite a few years. Nothing over 10, maybe 15 years tops is ever in the yards.

Good thing I have my friends here or I'd really have a problem finding some of the parts I need.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Terrible Fox selection here too. When one does arrive, it's picked over SUPER quick. I can still find an SN95 once in a while though.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

New User

Well, I suppose there is some comfort in knowing that everyone is in the same boat. I LOVE junkyard shopping.
    Guess I better go look over the 2 Fox-bodies ( One a hatch and one a Capri) to see what I can remove before they, too, are gone.

I have one now. That is going to the junk yard soon. It will already be picked clean before it gets there.
    85 G.T. All motor
    337 c.i.d 11.44-120 mph

1984 1/2 G.T. 350 (13.01-106 mph)

1984 G.T. (Daughters car)

1986 G.T. (Son's car) (12.99-105 mph)

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Here are a couple Third Gen. yards in New England; The Mustang Farm in Wrentham MA, and Menard Motors in Chester NH. They ship worldwide.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tosys-ford-...-farm-wrentham

http://www.allthenewhampshire.com/Lo...Sales_15095019
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 12-30-2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added links

Pilgrim, I saw some yards advertising in the Auto Locater like you are looking for. You might want to pick one up and look in there. I saw at least three pick n pull type places

Pilgrim, I travel around a lot for work. I have come across a couple of yards with Fox carcasses. One yard is in Maryland off RT.439 Old York Rd. You have Weavers salvage in Grantville off exit 80 Just don't go on Wednesday. There where a couple of more. I don't remember the names of the others. Hope this helped.

FEP Member

this is about a half hour from me. I have never bought anything from them so cant really comment on their inventory.also,hissing cobra Is right,they don't exist around these parts anymore.factory five bought a lot of them from this area for their replica cobra kit cars.not much of a website,but if you google images you can get a idea of what they have.https://www.facebook.com/Tosys-Ford-...2264964497901/

Last Fox at my P-n-P was a 92 4 cyl vert about 4 years ago. It was gutted in less than 2 days.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

There is a salvage yard on Long Island with a 86 RS Capri all there except bumper cover and RS mouldings some put a euro nose on it. It is an auto.

I live up in Toronto Canada. Their isn't that many junkyards that have fox bodies. We have a mustang Shop that has a yard full of fox bodies.

I've only seen one fox at any of the yards around here. They're just littered with v6 sn95's lol.

I thought it was bad in California (and it is). The Pick n Pull search has six four eyes but all are 50 miles away me.
    For example...
    Name:  PnP feb2018.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  25.9 KB

(Used to be a four eye It's listed as an '86. )