Close

Default 1985 Ford Mustang coupe - $3500 - project.

Man I wish I had the time for this four eye. I like where it’s going.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d...414227868.html

I am selling a 1985 Ford Mustang coupe. Original 4cyl car, but I have a 351w/c4 for it. It is an unfinished project car. Family issue forces sale. I have 5500 in body work alone. Car has full interior. Dash is out because I pulled windshield out of it. Car is painted Dark Shadow Grey. The doors, trunk lid, and rear bumper are not painted, but metal parts are rust free, just need prep and paint, a gallon of DSG goes with the car, as does the gallon of Hotrod black for the trim pieces. Engine bay is shaved, I have all the parts to complete the 351 swap such as shorty bbk headers, oil pan, pick up tube, dip stick. Ford racing oil pump, arp oil pump driveshaft. Not installed. All brand new, new timing cover, and solid motor mounts. The car has an 03-04 cobra lower bumper molded into the factory four eye bumper, done right and looks like it came that way from the factory. Also have the fog light bezels. Intake is edelbrock performer with a Holley carb that will need a rebuild. I have the 8.8 rear axle for the car. Trying to sell in a hurry. Clean Florida title. 3500 FIRM FIRM FIRM. I WILL SELL JUST THE CAR for 3k as roller. No less. And I won't sell just the front bumper. Please don't ask. The only things I don't have for the car is a cowl hood, no stock hood either, and no windshield. Everything else is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thought popped in my head when reading the write-up: "I have $5500 in body work alone." And after reading further, there is more to do.

Sometimes we see the question "how much does it cost to paint my car." The answer is, of course, "it depends." Here is an example.

Interesting project. I'm not sure about the front bumper with the Terminator lower portion molded in, but I will admit it is different.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Yes that's a great point. I know in the past I have cared more about the paint and body than about the drivetrain. Unless you know someone, it's not cheap to paint a car.

There is another member on here I believe that did a similar thing to his front bumper. That's one thing I like about the four eyed GT's is the fog lights. As much as I love the 85-85 Saleen cars, I miss seeing the fog lights. Although I understand they were LX's to begin with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    This thought popped in my head when reading the write-up: "I have $5500 in body work alone." And after reading further, there is more to do.

Sometimes we see the question "how much does it cost to paint my car." The answer is, of course, "it depends." Here is an example.

Interesting project. I'm not sure about the front bumper with the Terminator lower portion molded in, but I will admit it is different.

Looks like mine when I started. I really want to get a V8 for mine the 2.3 is not doing it for me anymore. And paint....yeah, I had quotes from $4000-9000 so I did it all myself.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White