Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Obviously, what to do to the car is your decision. And obviously, it needs a ton of work. That said, there are very, very few early Cobras out there, despite the fact that quite a few were built. Even fewer are in good condition. I have been to most MCA shows over the past few years, plus a few other big shows, and I can think of only one or two I have seen. You will see way more Pace Cars.

As to value, they are not particularly valuable, and probably never will be. I'm an "original condition" kind of person, and wish there were more original and concours restored four eyes at shows. But if you wanted a t-top, so be it.

Basic info such as whether the wheels are original can be determined by reviewing the original sale brochures, copies of which are posted in the Library section here.

Be forewarned: availability of repro parts is getting slowly better, but if you decide to restore, be ready for frustrations on getting the correct this or that.

By the way, cool car and cool color combination. And thanks for posting the pics. As you can tell, there are lots of helpful folks on this forum.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

I had the same question with mine when I got it. Rough, missing original motor, rough and did I say rough? I chose to update, and kind of build what i would have built when I had my first one back in 94 if I had the money. Much easier, cheaper (maybe), definitely opens up doors for performance and safety. Judgers be dammed. Its your car do what you like. Now if you were gonna cut up a good condition original I may judge too.

just saw this on 'Fix or Pass' on FaceBook...

Godmode, if you don't want it, I'll come get it...
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife
    '79 Capri 2.3L n/a, Medium Copper metallic, survivor
    (bought from MRausch82)

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    Damn bro, those Recaros are gorgeous!!!! They're in your Cobra?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Pic came from this thread, I think: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...olored-recaros

Mike
    I wish it were mine Mike. I seem to collect some odd photos including pics of random cobras and random odd Recaro stuff to share like this. I do have 79 Pace Car Recaros in my 82 GT now though

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

There's somebody on FEP with a Dark Chamois '80 Cobra. I've seen the car in person, it was originally from Mass, and in storage for close to 30 years. Maybe if he sees this, he'll chime in...

that brown cobra with mass plates was for sale for a while. it was cheap and no one wanted it. now I wish I bought it

Quote Originally Posted by badnightrain View Post
    that brown cobra with mass plates was for sale for a while. it was cheap and no one wanted it. now I wish I bought it
    Went to a big Ford collector in the south, maybe he'll sell it to you

who would that be?

PM sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12