Close

Default Looking for vinyl roof coupes built at San Jose

Anyone that has a 1979-81 Mustang coupe with a vinyl roof that was built at the San Jose assembly plant, I'd like to see your buck tag.

1979 VIN starts with 9R02 or 9R04
    1980 VIN starts with 0R02 or 0R04
    1981 VIN starts with 1FABP10__BR or 1FABP12__BR

Vinyl roof code is on the door tag under the "VR" column, and in 1979 it is also after the paint code, but I would like to see the buck tag for your car so I have a list of all vinyl roof color codes on the tags. I have only seen one so far and it said "V CMOIS" (Chamois vinyl roof).

Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I would guess that the car you decoded for me is the one that you are speaking of. I'll post up the build sheet in the next week or so for you to look at.

Yes, yours is the one that I have seen that said V CMOIS. Looking at the database just now I noticed I had seen one other tag that said V WHITE.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I was planning on modifying this car now I'm at odds in doing so. I guess it's either this or my 2.3t pace car that gets modified

Anyone else out there that owns a 1979-81 San Jose-built coupe with a vinyl roof?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Anybody out there with a San Jose vinyl roof coupe?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Anybody?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Mick, here's one I found from a Tucson Craigslist ad several weeks ago. Sorry, I don't have a photo of the buck tag.Name:  Left Side 2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  135.4 KBName:  ID Tag.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  95.3 KB

Thanks, Doug. I'll add this one to the database but I wish I could see the buck tag for it.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder