Close

Default Tubular GT-40 upper intake and Tmoss ported GT40-P lower

SOLD!!!!

Last edited by Vinnietbird; 04-10-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    '88 T-Bird Sport Twisted Wedge heads,3G,,Trick Flow R intake,Scorpion rockers,Ed Curtis cam,BBK headers,Mass Air with 24's,X-Pipe, Flomaster mufflers,75mm t-body,T-5, MGW shifter,Mach 1 chin spoiler,Bullitt gas lid,deep Cobra R wheels,Taurus fan,3.73 gears,140mph speedo,CHE control arms, custom Hood with ''72 Torino scoop, custom trunk lid with integrated spoiler

Beautiful pair! Nicest looking manifold made for our cars.

I have a second upper intake that I am keeping so I can continue to fabricate the intake plates, and just installed a new trick Flow R piece on my engine, so, this needs a loving home.
    '88 T-Bird Sport Twisted Wedge heads,3G,,Trick Flow R intake,Scorpion rockers,Ed Curtis cam,BBK headers,Mass Air with 24's,X-Pipe, Flomaster mufflers,75mm t-body,T-5, MGW shifter,Mach 1 chin spoiler,Bullitt gas lid,deep Cobra R wheels,Taurus fan,3.73 gears,140mph speedo,CHE control arms, custom Hood with ''72 Torino scoop, custom trunk lid with integrated spoiler

Yep, they are awesome. It is somewhat apples to oranges but I put one of these (and the required elbow) on my 94 GT and got 18 DYNO proven RWHP with only installing this intake. Crappy OEM heads and all. Keep in mind the 94 Mustang HO intake was the old Thunderbird intake that was somewhat more restrictive than the actual Fox Mustang HO intake. But none the less, it was a noticeable improvement and extended the powerband up much high in the RPM range. Plus the cool factor of the look alone is worth it. I still have another one in the attic and I'm keeping it as these are getting harder to come by.

This may have given a few more horsepower due to the porting. Tom said it was way better than the stock ports after he got done with it.

Tom’s ported lowers flow well past stock E6SE or E7TE head flow numbers. Unported E6 flow around 155, E7 around 160.

Power gains are usualky more than +18. The stock intakes strangle even the E6 head. Flow numbers are usually 110 front and rear, 130 everywhere else. That’s 50 CFM down on two holes and 30 down on 6. That’s down 280 CFM from the flow potential of an E7 head.

A Cleveland head flows 300 per cyl but a 302 doesn’t run out of air at 230 CFM per cyl until 8700 to put it in perspective....

A stock HO with 1.7:1 rockers and E6 or E7 heads, headers, and a 65MM TB will, believe it or not, willingly rev past 6000. I run a Typhoon on my 86 and shift at 6100 in hopes of avoiding the rev limiter.

If memory serves, the flow numbers on Tom’s ported lowers are over 250 per runner. Runner length on the tubular upper and the Cobra intake are good to 6500 where-as the Explorer uppers run into a velocity vs plenum vs runner length challenge and nose over at 5800 even with a ported lower.

Great setup! If I were focused on my 1986 this would be mine. It keeps pace with my Typhoon EFI and looks far better.
    Last edited by erratic50; 04-06-2018 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks for the info. I like knowing all I can about these things. I learn something everyday.

Tom is a wealth of information if you ever get a chance to communicate with him.

I talked to him a bit when I got this intake from him. Very knowledgeable, and a nice guy