Close

New User

Default 1985 2 Door LX 5.0 production numbers

Ok , we know that 1159 were made with 5 speeds as per a Marti report. The question is did that include the special service cars ? If so that would mean that only about 849 were made for public consumption ? dose anyone know for sure if this right ?

Interesting. I almost sold my 85 this past weekend.. maybe i should hold on to it for a little

Yes, that number includes SSP.

Where ever you got 310 SSPs from, especially if it was from the Fox-Body Mustsng Recognition Guide, I wouldn't trust that number. It has not been verified.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-10-2017 at 06:15 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Any way marti can find that? Of course by paying him? For 82 to 86? Maybe by dso?
    Last edited by STANGMAN116; 12-10-2017 at 12:33 PM.

New User

I have seen the number of 316 twice and it was not Fox-Body recognition guide , seen it once in a forum on Stangnet and somewhere else on the internet. So dose anyone know the numbers ? Anyway it make the 85 2 door a rare car as fare as Mustangs go.

316 is from the FBMRG but that book only takes into account "special paint" for the SSP numbers and they were not all special paint
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Also, the FBMRG says there were 2264 LX 5.0L coupes. That is wrong. There were 2285.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

New User

So who knows for sure ? well one thing is for sure the more SSP cars that were built the numbers on the public cars get less and makes these cars more collectible.