Close

Default 1983 Crimson Cat

Added new pictures and price info at bottom of ad. As a update to this 3 year old ad.

Selling my 1983 Crimson Cat. 5.0 HO V-8 with 4 speed. Air, cruise, T-tops. Mileage shows 52000 which I assume is 152K. Have no documentation and I don't want to mislead anyone. Purchased the car in the early 90's, I don't remember exactly. Has been a barn queen and rarely driven. Didn't want to wreck such a rare car. Bone stock and unmodified.

Car was repainted, base clear coat the original color, this was around 2000. Hadn't been driven much and stored inside since paint job. As you can see I never finished the project. Still needs the stripes and emblems put on. Seats and head liner need to be redone as you can see in the pictures. Also have a couple extra sets of TRX rims, tires aren't the best but will only be sold with the car.

Mechanically the heater core leaks, of course. Stock exhaust needs repair. Single pipe after the cats rusted off next to bolt flange, easy fix. AC is complete but will need charge and orings etc. I'm sure there maybe some other minor issues. Which should be expected with a car that has sat in storage for basically 20 years. I did run and drive the car a short distance every 6 months to a year prior to last year. So it's not as bad as it sounds.

I've gotten to the point that I know I'll never finish it. Really don't care if I do. So if someone else can put a little time and effort into it I sure you will end up with one of the nicest Cats around. I'm located near Eau Claire WI.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Chipper; 10-28-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

Few extra pictures. Also the car was from CA. I purchased it from a service member who special ordered it new. He needed a better vehicle for WI winters with his wife and kids. Just before fall when he transferred from HI for school in WI. So the car HASN'T been driven in the winter. As I stored it all the time since he sold it to me. Any questions contact me.
    Last edited by Chipper; 01-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

Finally warmed up so I fired her up. Figured people were scared of the not being run for a little while. Just dumped a little gas down the carb and a good battery and she's running. Clutch worked fine wasn't stuck and brakes even work and aren't froze.

So all it needs is a 6" pipe spliced in the exhaust and a heater bypass hose. Then she'll back on the road burning 2nd gear posi again. Will fix the exhaust and hose once I get it out of storage in May.

Edit 1-29-18. The pole barn roof has slid off and froze solid blocking the sliding door trapping all things inside. Will update once I can open the door again. Sure it will be a couple months til spring. WI winters suck. Of course you could still see the car and I will gladly store it for free if needed.

3/21/18. Door is open, and I'll continue to repair things and start to drive it. Price will go up accordingly.
    Last edited by Chipper; 10-27-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

Well looks like the Cat will be back up for sale. Buying a newer Mustang and need the storage spot. Car still looks the same as pictured but has a hood scoop back on it. Will get some new pictures in a couple days once the snow melts and I can get it out safely.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

How much are you asking for it?

Would love to see more pics
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

OK got her out today so these are new pictures.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

More pictures.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

Few more pictures
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

It's been insured with agreed value insurance for couple decades at 14K. After seeing all the Fox mustangs selling for 10k plus and even 2001 era cars at the same price or more. I feel 12.5K is a good starting point. It's probably one of the nicest ones I've seen for sale over the years. Will entertain serious offers.

If you feel I'm out of line on price that's OK. Been storing it for 27 years couple more is no problem. Sold my 70 Bronco for 12k after many experts claiming it's only worth whatever low ball price, even half. The guy that bought it flipped it a year later for 30K in less then 2 days. Fear I'm making the same mistake with the CAT.

I do have the gold emblems just never put them back on. Always hated that red and gold. Still has the factory exhaust on it.
    Last edited by Chipper; 11-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

10k starting point

An asking price is required. Not a 'starting point' or 'offers'.

$12.5K asking price. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stared advertising car on Facebook and other sites. YES I changed the price on recommendation from other forum members, thank you for the honesty.
    Last edited by Chipper; 11-05-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco