Close

Threaded View

Default 302 rebuild options for CFI

I know I know... but I want to keep the CFI (for a little while at least).

So the engine is coming out and heading to Stapelton Engines for a rebuild and improvement. They are a race engine builder.

My question to guys like Jacook xctasy and the others that seem to know ungodly amounts of information on these cfi engines:

What can I get away with knowing that a new sniper or something is probably in my future. They are going to boost the compression with new pistons and cutting the block down a little. A mild cam will go in. The heads are really making me wonder though. I have those hooker shorty equal headers on it and I want to keep them. If I get aftermarket heade will I have a problem with the headers? Will aftermarket heads make the CFI lose its mind? This has a edelbrock 3721 intake on it.

Cleaning up the original heads and popping them back on seems like it might be a mistake though.

If I can fit new heads will the car run or will the CFI give up? I know it won't be giving me everything I should out of the engine but that can come later.

Currently the engine is running really well. Just awesome in fact. I just wish the oil were not filling with metal dust from bearings.
    Last edited by emerygt350; 12-04-2017 at 09:07 PM.