Close

Default Help Identifying these connectors

I have these last 4 connectors that I am trying to identify. I think I know what 2 of them are, if anyone could chime in to verify or identify these that would help me tons.

In the first pic, I have identified 2 of them as labeled in the pic. These are at the back passenger side of the engine. The unidentified 2 pin plug below I think is not needed, but wanted to make sure.
    Name:  threeplugs.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  48.5 KB

In this pic, the plug is on the back side of the engine, on the drivers side. I have no idea what this plug is.
    Name:  fourthplug.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  49.4 KB

I would like to eliminate these plugs, if they aren't needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

Ok, looks like I figured out the plug for the second pic, it looks like its for the Barometric Pressure Sensor. I am guessing I will still need this, even though I converted to Mass Air Flow sensor, right?
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

Quote Originally Posted by vdubn View Post
    Ok, looks like I figured out the plug for the second pic, it looks like its for the Barometric Pressure Sensor. I am guessing I will still need this, even though I converted to Mass Air Flow sensor, right?
    Yes, the MAF kit uses the BAP sensor.

SD cars use a MAP sensor.
    MAF cars use a B(A)P sensor.

MAP = Manifold Air Pressure
    B(A)P = Barometric (Air) Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    You might want to get the proper B(A)P sensor instead of the backyard method of using your existing MAP sensor, but with no vacuum hose going the vacuum tree on the underside of the upper intake manifold. All other sensors and actuators are the same and should function the same. Either way, you have to plug that spot on the vacuum tree on the underside of the intake.

Depending on what MAF meter you're going to use and where you're going to mount it will dictate what intake tract pieces you need. For the stock meter and stock mounting location you need to be rid of the single intake tube and get a two-piece tube, bracket, and bolts (to bolt the bracket to the meter AND to the front side of the strut tower). The air filter housing is the same.

If your transmission is a T-5, get any ECM from the "manual transmission" family: A9L, A3M, A3M1, D3D1, S0Z, A9S, 8LD, 8LF. (The last three are CA only.)

If your transmission is an AOD, get an ECM from the "automatic transmission" family: A9M, A9P, A9T, C3W, C3W1.

See and review

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...sion-questions

Is unknown plug in first pic the A.C. pressure cut off switch?
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Ourobos View Post
    Yes A/C pressure cycling switch.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Ourobos View Post
    Sweet guys... so I will cut that one out of the harness and keep the ends from touching.

Is it worth getting an EGR delete plug from LMR? They are $30 and it would keep the ECM happy, but I am guessing its not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Yes, the MAF kit uses the BAP sensor.

SD cars use a MAP sensor.
    MAF cars use a B(A)P sensor.

MAP = Manifold Air Pressure
    B(A)P = Barometric (Air) Pressure

See and review

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...sion-questions
    I'm aware of the O2 sensor harness issue, so I have that covered, but wasn't sure on the MAP/BAP sensor side. I am running the X3Z Cobra Computer, so I am guessing I would be best to get an 89 and later Barometric Pressure sensor, right? I don't have any bracket on my firewall, and some pics I see show the BAP/MAP mounted to a small metal bracket, not directly to the firewall. I couldn't tell what chassis it was on, maybe it was a later model. Either way, couldn't anyone confirm how it should mount on my 1985?

One final question on eliminating the A/C stuff, I want to eliminate the A/C relay by the passenger side strut tower. Any reason I can't just clip the relay off and make sure none of the connections touch each other?

Your much more fortunate because Ford added a heck of a lot of junk DNA , um, DCL info in the Cobra computer. Parameter Identifications, which repurpose the sensors to track data live.

For eveyone else, the method suggested most everywhere is the "back yard" method. It works, but its not factory, and when people trouble shoot, it can cause confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.corral.net/tech/powerplant/maf_tech_2.html
    Step 10 MAP sensor modification
    Disconnect the vacuum hose going to the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor located on the firewall on the upper drivers side. Leave the vacuum port on the sensor open and plug the vacuum line from the engine. Do *not* disconnect the electrical connector from the sensor.
    Micks suggestion is a very good one. Its a suggestion, NOT mandatory.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...957#post285957
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    You might want to get the proper B(A)P sensor instead of the backyard method of using your existing MAP sensor, but with no vacuum hose going the vacuum tree on the underside of the upper intake manifold.

If it were me, I'd use the Cobra SVT sensor. Ford has a build list for a purpose, and anytime you move away from it, some subtle changed happen, and electronics like clean signals. In addition, the PID's are active on post 1990 and especially 1992 computers, so hooking up the Check Engine Light to work will allow you to real time data manage. I be certain that using an earlie sensor will influence the potential of pulling out Live Data.

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Live data. 1986 to 1990, no but people who do MAF conversions pick up the later DCL capable EECIV's, and they work.

http://www.atraonline.com/gears/2000...fixing_it.html
    On some vehicles there may be 10-12 PID lines available; other models can provide as many as 40+ PID lines. It's far easier and faster to diagnose faults with these newer systems that can transmit a data stream. Prior to these systems, you'd have to use a breakout box or backprobe circuits, which made testing much more time consuming. But now, with the advent of EEC-IV data stream display, it's a walk in the park.

EECIV you can no real live data (except maybe a few things). It has to be able to access the the data bus, but you can find a heap of 1991-1992 5.0 A9L's that have it and 5.8 box codes as well.

By the early 1990s certain 5.0 and 5.8 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury models had sensor data streaming capability. The feature is technically called DCL (Data Communications Link), not just DTC's. These models have 2 additional data bus wires to the EEC-IV diagnostic connector.

But Live data is avaliable although its polling rate is low. PIDs (parameter IDs) were set up by Ford as OBD I (a 1991 and later California) standard.

Technically, most EEC-IV around 91 and later supports the live data stream without twEECer or Moats Quarter Horse.

with twEECer or Moats Q/H http://www.tweecer.com/ will plug in the J3 port and look at the data after the EEC filters it

with sneeciv http://www.racesystems.com/sneeciv/sneec.htm will give you data from between the harness and EEC

OTC 3211 opens up any PIDS, the EEC IV sensors and relays which formerly could only be monitored via the old 007 breakout box.

I ended up grabbing a new BAP sensor, just to make sure I didn't run into issues with an old one being bad, as there was no history on the one I had, and it was like $60 to make sure I don't create headaches.

Anyone have any opinions on just removing the A/C WOT relay? Since I have no A/C components, as long as none of the leads ground out, I think I should be safe.