Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is slightly off topic, but after reading Trey's post, sort-of fits the discussion.....

Do you have recurring dreams, perhaps over years, maybe even decades? A couple of mine deal with losing my high school locker combination, and skipping a college class that I needed to take. But another is that people gave me old cars over many years, which I dutifully stored in multiple locations, but then have forgotten where I stored them. The cars are always of little or no value, things like 50's-70's four door sedan family cars in near-junk-yard condition.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    This is slightly off topic, but after reading Trey's post, sort-of fits the discussion.....

Do you have recurring dreams, perhaps over years, maybe even decades? A couple of mine deal with losing my high school locker combination, and skipping a college class that I needed to take. But another is that people gave me old cars over many years, which I dutifully stored in multiple locations, but then have forgotten where I stored them. The cars are always of little or no value, things like 50's-70's four door sedan family cars in near-junk-yard condition.
    Haven't had dreams about high school and college in many years, but I often have dreams about forgetting dead lines, or missing flights, etc. that are work related.

As for cars and parts, I have never lost any of them, just not don't always remember where they are and how many I might have.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I have six cars on my yard and two others scattered around the area. I hope my wife doesn’t read this. Hahaha
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB

So what is the intervention about?
    Current Cars:
    83 GT Turbo All org w/ org paint 127k miles
    84 GT350 5.0 Period correct changes 5spd T Top 44k org miles
    83 LTD Wagon I6 65k miles
    2010 Mercury Milan AWD
    2019 Flex SEL

Past Cars: 79 Pace Car 5.0 Auto, 80 I6 Coupe, 79 I6 Coupe, 81 4cyl Coupe, 92GT, 83 Capri RS Turbo, 82GT TTop, 83 GT 5.0, 84 GT350 5.0 Auto, 86 ASC Capri coupe #1, 78 5.0 Granada Coupe, 03 MACH 1 2013 Flex Limited

Quote Originally Posted by 8384GT View Post
    So what is the intervention about?
    My alleged addiction to Foxohol

Foxaholic
    FML. Lets try this one more time.

I've only got two foxes....but the 7 motorcycles, the 3 Pontiacs and the Jeep are starting to get on her nerves. She likes the pickup truck. Helps with all the chores she gives me.

I have 4 all in garages. I have a total of 6 garages. Wife's Miata gets one, tractor gets other. Here in pa I won't leave them outside. My problem is I need more garages. So wife wants her daily driver in garage, looks like something has to go.
    Thanks for the advice in advance but when the Miata came up, I got the dreaded...."go ahead fine with me" ...we all know what that really means. I am now afraid and must sell one.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Sounds to me like you guys need cooler wives. My wife has a 91 5.0, 67 cougar, and 69 cougar vert. I can actually buy my wife car parts for Christmas and I'm golden.

FEP Power Member

We have 12. 6 Foxes, 2 First gen. Mustangs, 2 newer trucks and 2 newer Mustangs and a 67 Tbird. Oh, that means I counted wrong. It’s 13. Fortunately, I can blame half of them on my wife.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

The only problem I see is the garage is too small!

Duplicate
    Last edited by 2nd chance cobra; 11-28-2017 at 08:45 PM.

We have 3 daily drivers, which the wife is ok with. Then there are 6, I think foxes, 4 s10 variants, 2 64 novas, a 69 nova ss, 4.5 scout 800s, a 53 Chevy pick up, 3 volvo p1800s. Wife hates pretty much all those, except the one volvo. In my defense, a car is many times cheaper than a few parts. I guess what I'm saying is you can never have too much stuff. Just too little room

Oh this thread is about dreams. I have dreams that we have forgotten about properties and businesses we own. Truthfully I usually forget one every time I mow or move snow.so I guess dream imitates life

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Sounds to me like you guys need cooler wives. My wife has a 91 5.0, 67 cougar, and 69 cougar vert. I can actually buy my wife car parts for Christmas and I'm golden.
    You are living the dream. If I bought my wife a car part, she'd most likely kill me with it.

Foxaholic

I bought my 85 for a parts car. Once I realized there were so many Four Eyed Saleen parts on it, I just had to build it. So now I'm buying parts for my "parts car". Oh and now to buy a parts car......

It's not too late to take up residence at the nearest fallout shelter I guess.

if you can find a way to swing it, my best advice is storage units. You can go two foxbody Mustangs deep in a 10x30..... cheaper than a lawyer.

I wish I had the ability to have your guys problems!! I just have 2 foxes, an 84 LTD LX and an 86 GT for parts. But also have a 93 f150 (scrap weight) and 16 Honda crf250l and my daily 08 Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Man can I relate! Inside my garage is my 88 Ranger drag truck under construction, my 94 Ranger Splash that Im fixing up to give to my youngest as a Xmas gift, I have two 5.0 motors I building at the same time for the two next projects sitting outside the garage. Sitting behind the garage is my 83 Ranger rock crawler thats a work in progress,next to it is a 85 Cougar XR7 Im building for my GF,behind those is my old 88 ranger drag truck I totalled a couple years ago I cant bring myself to scrap and next it that is a 86 Bronco2 I recently brought home that will be my next project to start once the Splash is out of the garage. And my 83 Tbird is current stored away in a buddies barn.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

Wow your collection has grown since the last time we saw ya at the BBQ!
    If you blink at the end of the straight away you'll miss the twisties and what fun would that be!
    1982 Capri RS 5.0L
    Suspension Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...tion-and-Build
    1985 SVO 2A & leather. Stolen & Destroyed 2022
    Motor Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=63505
    Dyno stats and exhaust install http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Dyno-d-finally
    My FMIC build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-amp-D-project
    Electronic boost controller and bypass valve
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-Bypass-Valve
    Opperation SVO Tunes http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...51#post1148551

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    Wow your collection has grown since the last time we saw ya at the BBQ!
    Yeah, a bit lol. But I still have my first

Foxaholic

Isn't that how EVERYONE's driveway looks? What are you talking about?

I have 4 1/2 for the moment. But have no storage room yet. I did tell myself to stop buying cars even of they are very cheap. So before you do an intervention start by stopping to buy cars and donors. If you have donors amongst those you have dissasemble them first. Keep the parts you are sure to use sell the rest. Then put deadlines on the cars you want to fix... keep your budget in mind.
    I have put my cars in how I will use them this made me decide to stop buying.
    I need a family car( 1981 fairmont wagon, I need a car for the construction work i do (1988 F150). Needed an rv to get to travel now and then. (Ford transit 1976) and I have one for the "weekend"(65 impala ) its enough...
    If I wouldn't do the construction I wouldn't have bought the f150. Same goes for the wagon if I wouldn't have kids. And the rv just save money. It cost me 5000 but when I have to rent something each year it would cost at least 500 per trip. So I would only be able to go once a year and after 10 trips it paid back.

If I were you clean before they do...

Exactly Kevin... plus you gotta love "Lifetime Warranty" parts... lol
    Last edited by TheCrippler; 12-11-2017 at 06:21 PM. Reason: context...

Oh yeah I am on lock for the time being... Priority is creating a usable work space to make working on them actually practical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12