Close

Default 1982 Seat Material Yardage Required

Ok, I have contacted TMI multiple times to try and get an answer for this, but apparently business is so good they don't need or care about mine!

I have found a source for the OEM materials for my 82 RS blue interior, but the owner just informed me that he is retiring before Christmas, so If I want it I need to order it NOW!

Does anyone have reliable numbers for the amount of material needed for the stock seats in a 82 RS/GT, basically the LX non Sport seats for the 84-86 models and even the 87-93 cars too. The seats are cloth centers and vinyl outers. I can't believe this is such a difficult issue for TMI to give me an answer on, but apparently it must be TOP SECRET information or something!

Thanks!

Name:  2017-09-12 19.30.13.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  159.5 KB
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Try SMS
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

SMS doesn't have the correct material. Already tried them.

I found the right material, just want to make sure I order enough materials to the front and rear seats as needed.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

FEP Senior Member

Trey, I gave up on SMS, they are way to slow. I bought my OEM fabric from Original Auto Interiors Inc in Columbus Michigan. 586-727-2486
    www.originalauto.com
    The cloth was $89/yard and I bought 3 yards. That's enough to do both front and rear seats.
    The vinyl I bough 3 yards also. Seeing that the seats you show, you may need 3-1/2 or 4 yards of vinyl. My seats only have the vinyl on the sides and not the face you sit on. I bought the vinyl from Your Auto Trim Store, I matched it up to the sample I got from SMS.

Original Auto had the fabric to me in just three days, ordered on friday, and had it on monday. They also have the stock piping/welting material as well. It was only a couple dollars per yard. Exact match to Fords.

Hope this helps
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by dynodon64 View Post
    Trey, I gave up on SMS, they are way to slow. I bought my OEM fabric from Original Auto Interiors Inc in Columbus Michigan. 586-727-2486
    www.originalauto.com
    The cloth was $89/yard and I bought 3 yards. That's enough to do both front and rear seats.
    The vinyl I bough 3 yards also. Seeing that the seats you show, you may need 3-1/2 or 4 yards of vinyl. My seats only have the vinyl on the sides and not the face you sit on. I bought the vinyl from Your Auto Trim Store, I matched it up to the sample I got from SMS.

Original Auto had the fabric to me in just three days, ordered on friday, and had it on monday. They also have the stock piping/welting material as well. It was only a couple dollars per yard. Exact match to Fords.

Hope this helps
    Don
    Thanks!

Original Auto is who I am dealing with. Unfortunately the owner is retiring very soon, so . . .
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Originalauto website says they've got over 1 million yards in stock. I assume he's selling that to someone. Even if he only sells out for $10/yd, that's a nice pension. But he must have a lot of oddball stuff that is rarely, if ever, requested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Confirm that 3 yards will plenty be safe for the front seats.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Can someone inquire about who is getting all of that inbentory? Maybe a future source for us? My 20th needs seats done. Thanx.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Can someone inquire about who is getting all of that inbentory? Maybe a future source for us? My 20th needs seats done. Thanx.
    I can turn you on to the correct material for our 2oth Anny cars, SMS doesn't carry it, and I found a place that did, its very hard to find, took me years.

Default Seat marterial

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    I concur, 3 yrds for vinyl and 3 of cloth will be plenty for front and back in a Fox. also I can turn you on to the correct material vender Comtech for our 20th Anny cars, SMS doesn't carry it, and I found a place that did, its very hard to find, took me years.

Quote Originally Posted by GT 350 View Post
    I concur, 3 yrds for vinyl and 3 of cloth will be plenty for front and back in a Fox. also I can turn you on to the correct material vender Comtech for our 20th Anny cars, SMS doesn't carry it, and I found a place that did, its very hard to find, took me years.
    Ok. Please shoot me a pm with info. Thanx
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.