Close

FEP Senior Member

Default Ford Motorsport H pipe

I am looking for some general info on the FMS H pipe. What years was it available? What was it constructed out of etc? I have heard in the past that it was a factory part on Canadian cars that did not require US emissions and it was sold in the US as a FMS part. Thanks.

I remember buying one back in 1990 for my first '85GT. Cool mid-pipe indeed.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

FEP Senior Member

I just picked one up on ebay and am happy to have it...just looking for some additional info on it. I have an FMS catalog from 1993 but it is not in there. Maybe someone could post a picture of it out of an FMS catalog?

Witch one do you have - the 85 or 86-93? The 85 came with mid pipes to the mufflers because it replaced the single cat and Y pipe.
    They aren't in the 92 FMS catalog I have here, I will check the older ones when I get home tonight.
    Mike
    85 GT - owned since 87

FEP Senior Member

I have 86-93. It goes from shorty headers to the flow tubes that are welded to the muffler.

Name:  IMG_0263.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  128.1 KB
    This is from the 87 catalog that was part of Peterson's Ford Performance. Both styles of H pipe are 2-1/4 and Stainless, probably the same grade as the factory exhaust. The 85 system is in the photo.

Mike
    85 GT - owned since 87

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKengineering View Post
    Name:  IMG_0263.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  128.1 KB
    This is from the 87 catalog that was part of Peterson's Ford Performance. Both styles of H pipe are 2-1/4 and Stainless, probably the same grade as the factory exhaust. The 85 system is in the photo.

Mike
    Thanks a lot....just what I wanted. I appreciate the post. I all looking forward to getting this on my car over the winter.