Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default 1985 Mustang LX

Attachment 118932Name:  IMG_1953.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  79.4 KBAttachment 118934Attachment 118935

Here are some pictures of the sunroof as requested by Dan. For an aftermarket sunroof, it looks like it was done well. Notice adjustable visor at front of sunroof on the inside. Headliner is not even sagging!

Can't figure out why my pictures turn when I download them.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by All Fords; 02-12-2018 at 03:44 PM.

you will notice a piece of trim missing behind the sunroof. It seems that when the sunroof was installed, a half vinyl roof was also installed. I remember my days as a young Ford parts guy, Sales would sometimes bring in people to dress cars up that weren't selling. That may be what happened here.

I have to say, that is a strange combination of car! PW/PL, Auto, 5.0, Notch, wire hubcaps, white half vinyl roof, AC... whoever ordered that for the lot should have been hospitalized! Rare indeed...

It could be cool though...it could be!

Wow, further looking... no console, but rear window defrost. I find this car fasinatingly odd.

Kenny
    Last edited by mudgepondexpress; 02-12-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Attachment 118947Attachment 118946Name:  IMG_1985.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  33.2 KB

First 2 pictures are the bottom of the core support. Third is passenger and fourth is driver shock tower. But again, sorry for the pictures turned different directions, I've tried everything to fix it!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

FEP Senior Member

Man John you are killing me! I was wondering the other day if you had sold it yet, guess not. I really like this car, someone please buy this before I get in trouble! So cool that the wheels were factory John, I've never seen that with a 5.0 in 85 that I can remember. Good luck man!

Good to hear from you Jeremy! I agree, there couldn't have been many built like this. I have never been to Foxtoberfest, but I am guessing with some motor work and some factory tailpipes this car would draw a crowd.

SOLD! Car is going to sunny Florida. Seems that I found the right guy for the car. He really liked how strange it was. I kept it off Craig"s list for fear it would be ruined. Thanks FEP and especially the decoder guy for the awesome info. I'm sure that helped the sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12